Thursday, July 31, 2014

(07/31/2014) The House Ye Build Unto Me?

Topics today include access to GOD by his imparted Spirit, and the proper center for prayer and worship.  I share a Scripture study having a Christian perspective that was sparked by an Internet project to raise funds for a third consecrated house to be established upon the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.  Many who accept that Yeshua Bar-Joseph appeared in the earth as the spiritual heir of David, as a prophet, as the Messiah promised in the holy writings, and as an appearance of GOD incarnate (i.e., in flesh, and having material form), now pray daily for the peace and prosperity of Israel as GOD’s Covenant Nation, and a peculiar people of divine promise.  Through Christ all the many covenants and peoples of GOD are revealed as joined and united within the true kingdom of GOD, for every believer is to stand as a house for his holy name.


SOME THOUGHTS ON


1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool:  where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD:  but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog’s neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine’s blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear:  but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name’s sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified:  but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.  (Isaiah 66:  1-5, KJV) 


Exodus 20:  23-25 (KJV)  23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.  24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen:  in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.  25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone:  for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.


Leviticus 22:  31-33 (KJV)  31 Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them:  I am the LORD.  32 Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel:  I am the LORD which hallow you,  33 That brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God:  I am the LORD.


1st Kings 8:  16-18 (KJV)  16 Since the day that I brought forth my people Israel out of Egypt, I chose no city out of all the tribes of Israel to build an house, that my name might be therein; but I chose David to be over my people Israel.  17 And it was in the heart of David my father to build an house for the name of the LORD God of Israel.  18 And the LORD said unto David my father, Whereas it was in thine heart to build an house unto my name, thou didst well that it was in thine heart. 


1st Kings 9:  1-9 (KJV)  And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the LORD, and the king’s house, and all Solomon’s desire which he was pleased to do,  2 That the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon.  3 And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me:  I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.  4 And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:  5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.  6 But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:  7 Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people:  8 And at this house, which is high, every one that passeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and to this house?  9 And they shall answer, Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them, and served them:  therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.


1st Kings 11:  4-8 (KJV)  4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods:  and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.  5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.  6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.  7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.  8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.


Nehemiah 1:  8-10 (KJV)  8 Remember, I beseech thee, the word that thou commandedst thy servant Moses, saying, If ye transgress, I will scatter you abroad among the nations:  9 But if ye turn unto me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out unto the uttermost part of the heaven, yet will I gather them from thence, and will bring them unto the place that I have chosen to set my name there.  10 Now these are thy servants and thy people, whom thou hast redeemed by thy great power, and by thy strong hand.


Isaiah 52:  5-7 (KJV)  5 Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.  6 Therefore my people shall know my name:  therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak:  behold, it is I.  7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!


Jeremiah 7:  3-11 (KJV)  3 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.  4 Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these.  5 For if ye throughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour;  6 If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:  7 Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever.  8 Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.  9 Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;  10 And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?  11 Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD.


Ezekiel 43:  5-11 (KJV)  5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.  6 And I heard him speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me.  7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.  8 In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed:  wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger.  9 Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.  10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities:  and let them measure the pattern.  11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof:  and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.


Ezekiel 9:  1-6 (KJV)  He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.  2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer’s inkhorn by his side:  and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.  3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer’s inkhorn by his side;  4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.  5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite:  let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:  6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women:  but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.


Revelation 2:  16-17 (KJV)  16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.  17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.


2nd Chronicles 7:  14 (KJV)  14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.


2nd Corinthians 6:  14-18 (KJV)  14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:  for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?  15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?  16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.  17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.  18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.


1st Corinthians 6:  19-20 (KJV)  19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  20 For ye are bought with a price:  therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.


Matthew 18:  19-20 (KJV)  19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.  20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.


Luke 17:  20-21 (KJV)  20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:  21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.


Revelation 21:  22-27 (KJV)  22 And I saw no temple therein:  for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.  23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it:  for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.  24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it:  and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.  25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day:  for there shall be no night there.  26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.  27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie:  but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.


1st Peter 2:  5-10 (KJV)  5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.  6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.  7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious:  but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,  8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient:  whereunto also they were appointed.  9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;  10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God:  which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.


Ephesians 2:  10-22 (KJV)  10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.  11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;  12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:  13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.  14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;  15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;  16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:  17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.  18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.  19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;  20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;  21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:  22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.


There is far more to be said, properly shared, and spiritually understood.  Christians believers are a building material for a Temple now being erected by GOD as a spiritual condition within the lives of those who are sanctified.  Thus, the peace and salvation Christians humbly request are supplied by an imparted, indwelling Spirit from GOD (we say, the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of Prophecy) that was contained within Moses, and displayed throughout the ministry of Jesus as one operating after the pattern of a divine person from heaven—not merely the presence of a sacred tabernacle, a tent, a house, or material dwelling made after the pattern of things in heaven.   Again, my readers are asked to add those verses or passages from Scripture that they would like to share in the comments area (below).  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to the workings of divinity that resides within you.  Grow in grace.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment