Sunday, July 20, 2014

(07/20/2014) What To Do At His Coming

The question, What should we do at the time of his Advent (the Second Coming of Jesus)? is the topic, today.  Usually, I avoid presenting my own prayers in this setting, a sacred writings blog, because my prayers are intimate expressions intended for GOD, not for my readers.  However, all believers are obliged to share now whatever encouragements, gifts, helps, and sacred truth they may have, and not to withhold them until the day of his Coming.


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth:  for the LORD hath spoken it.  And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us:  this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.  (Isaiah 25:  8-9, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Loving Someone Unseen? (05/03/2014); Lot and the Angels (05/04/2014); Cleansing the Temple, and the Body (03/16/2014); GOD to “Try Harder”? (03/17/2014); About the Second Coming? (01/18/2014); Unprofitable Servants? (01/19/2014)


Having heard the trumpet sound, and the shout of the archangel, my first thoughts were that I would run out of doors.  I would want to see with my own eyes the Lord coming with the clouds from heaven.  I thought to myself, I would probably have my socks on already, so I would quickly slip on some shoes (probably would not tie the strings); and I would go downstairs into the front yard and stand, facing the East.

When I realized, there might be a crowd outside, and that others might rush outside, just like me; I considered how some would fall to their knees in prayer.  The words, “I’m sorry” and “I didn’t mean to do it” would be on the lips of many men, women, and children.  However, the purpose of the Coming is not to call us into embarrassment, fear of judgment, guilt, and remorse.  Many will be terrified; and all the forms of fear will be present, including awe, anxiety, fright, and panic.  On the one hand, the Advent is not an “I gotcha” moment.  On the other hand, the Coming will immediately declare the final judgment.  The time for prayers requesting forgiveness will already be over; and the time for prayers to acknowledge, welcome, yield, and show respect will be upon us.

There will be a moment for prayers that say, Thank you for your grace.  I confess, I am not worthy of all the wonderful blessings you intend for those who have become yours, purchased by atonement and blood, by faith, by love, and by truth.   You are worthy to be accepted as our Supreme Ruler, honored, obeyed, praised, and trusted.  Please, do come to us, Lord Jesus, the Lamb of GOD that taketh away the sin of the world.  Savior.  Son of the Highest.

It occurred to me, many of us will be unclean because of blood, sweat, urine, and other body fluids.  I thought, there will probably be time to run back upstairs and wash, put on a clean shirt, a tie, or even change my underwear!  (Some of us already do that, every day they dress in “go to meetin’ clothes,” just to be ready in case “today might be the day.”)  However, I realized, the living will probably not be as unclean as those decayed and rotten from the grave.  All are to be caught up in the air, and in the twinkling of an eye, all will be made permanently clean, immortal, incorruptible, and sanctified.

The most difficult challenge the believer must face is that of learning to tarry (we sometimes say, Let go, let GOD).  Yet, one does not tarry by being idle, being indifferent, being lazy, or being unobservant.  Patiently waiting for Christ is made easy as we serve, and never become weary of well-doing.  To tarry is to maintain vigilance, stay alert, to watch and pray.  Thus, believers discipline their minds to maintain focus in the promises of GOD; become skilled at waiting without having to be busy with unnecessary activity; learn to be effective functioning as independent persons without companions and peers; and master sitting in silence as well as continuously walking by faith, not by sight.

There is far more to be said, correctly understood, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, those who welcome Christ each day through their morning devotions, prayers and Scripture studies will not feel pressured to do anything extraordinary, or unusual.  Like those who appear in times of crisis and emergency that we later call heroes, these prepared believers will probably display what they consider the “natural”, “normal” and “routine” thing:  Laughter, tears of joy, unselfish thoughts of loved ones.  Surely, many will say,  Father as I come to you through this ministry of Jesus Christ, I have no idea where I am to go, or how I may become all you would have me to be.  Even so, we are your people and the sheep of your pasture.  Guide us, lead us, shear us, slaughter us; all that we are, and all we may become belongs to you.  We come to you without silver and gold; and we are willing to abandon all worldly ambition.  You have granted us a foretaste of glory divine.  We are now trusting in the promises for resurrection and eternal life.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.



THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment