Thursday, September 25, 2014

(09/25/2014) Thus saith the LORD

As the 2014 observance of Rosh Hashonah, the new year festival, begins at sunset among Jewish believers, there are many conflicts of opinion and understanding among men in the earth about the nature and purpose of death, divinity, and eternal life.  A brief Scripture study is shared, today, further presenting the divine revelation whereby GOD “speaks for himself” to created beings and living creatures upon the earth.  While GOD has proclaimed that there will be change and progression in accordance with divine intent, men are to understand there will be no undoing of his sacred word, his righteous will, or his works of judgment and salvation performed through the ministry of Jesus Christ.


SOME THOUGHTS ON



10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen:  that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he:  before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you:  therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand:  I will work, and who shall let it?  (Isaiah 43:  10-13, KJV)


Exodus 3:  13-15 (KJV)  13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?  14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:  and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.  15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:  this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.


Exodus 34:  6-7 (KJV)  6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,  7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.



Isaiah 44:  6-11 (KJV)  6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.  7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.  8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid:  have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.  9 They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.  10 Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?  11 Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed:  and the workmen, they are of men:  let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.



Isaiah 44:  24-27 (KJV)  24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;  25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;  26 That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:  27 That saith to the deep, Be dry, and I will dry up thy rivers:



Leviticus 26:  14-20 (KJV)  14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;  15 And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:  16 I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart:  and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.  17 And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies:  they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.  18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.  19 And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:  20 And your strength shall be spent in vain:  for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits.  21 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.



Isaiah 45:  5-10 (KJV)  5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me:  I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:  6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.  7 I form the light, and create darkness:  I make peace, and create evil:  I the LORD do all these things.  8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness:  let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.  9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker!  Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?  10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?



Jeremiah 9:  6-8 (KJV)  6 Thine habitation is in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know me, saith the LORD.  7 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will melt them, and try them; for how shall I do for the daughter of my people?  8 Their tongue is as an arrow shot out; it speaketh deceit:  one speaketh peaceably to his neighbour with his mouth, but in heart he layeth his wait.



Isaiah 30:  15 (KJV)  15 For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength:  and ye would not. 



Jeremiah 9:  23-24 (KJV)  23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:  24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth:  for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.



Isaiah 43:  1 (KJV)  1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not:  for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.



Isaiah 49:  24-26 (KJV)  24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?  25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered:  for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.  26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine:  and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.



Isaiah 43:  15-19 (KJV)  15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.  16 Thus saith the LORD, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;  17 Which bringeth forth the chariot and horse, the army and the power; they shall lie down together, they shall not rise:  they are extinct, they are quenched as tow.  18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.



Isaiah 65:  12-17 (KJV)  12 Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter:  because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.  13 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry:  behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:  14 Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit.  15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen:  for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:  16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.  17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth:  and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.



Jeremiah 31:  31-35 (KJV)  31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:  32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:  33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.  34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD:  for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:  for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.  35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:


There is far more to be said, properly shared, and spiritually understood.  The GOD whose purpose is to put forth and maintain life must be known through Creation, covenant, judgment, praise, proclamation, promise, redemption, salvation, and sanctification.  Those who worship the false gods and idols of hate, lies, self-destruction, and violence, neither hear nor know the true and living GOD.  Readers are asked to add an appropriate verse or passage from the Bible in the comments area (see below).  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.  Grow in grace.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment