Wednesday, September 17, 2014

(09/17/2014) A Slip of the Tongue

Today, some points are shared on blasphemy, gossip, misrepresentation, slander, and how one may recover after making unfortunate statements.   A “Yahoo! Answers” fighter using the ID “Ker!” (Level 2 with 303 points, a member since March 11, 2008) posted the following:


Said something I shouldn't?

Hi;
I was talking to some people this morning about a vicar and happened to slip up and mention that they said before how they weren't so much a believer.. They was more Atheist than a believer and believed more in the words of the bible ...


Those whom I was talking too happened to be members of the church and I apologised and said it was a misunderstanding on my part as I don't like to gossip and to please not to think I'm trying to besmirch the vicars name (even though he did actually say to me that he was more Buddhist in his beliefs)

Now I feel so guilty that they were a little shocked and I asked them to please not repeat this and I apologised again for speaking out of turn without thinking..

But I'm just very angry at myself for slipping up as I do always try to keep myself to myself and don't usually put my foot in my mouth ...
I don't know what to do now. I feel awful...


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone:  if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.  But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.  And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church:  but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven:  and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.  (Matthew 18:  15-20, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Blasphemy Against the GODhead (05/06/2014); Offenses to GODhead (05/07/2014); A Kindness to Mary? (04/21/2013); When GOD Controls? (04/22/2013); When Does Gossip Become Sin? (01/08/2013); Understanding Hell (01/09/2013); Mockers in the Last Days (11/14/2012); Thoughts Upon A Warrior’s Fall (11/15/2012)


“Ker!”, here are a few points from a Christian believer that are based upon teachings of the Bible that should be useful to you:

(1.)  In the same way GOD has spoken being and life into presence, angels, mankind, and other created beings may alter and influence Creation through utterance (we say, breath, spirit, word).  The Scriptures admonish, life and death are in the power of the tongue.

(2.)  The use of words to belittle or berate another person’s character and quality as a human being is also an attack upon their spirit substance from GOD.  Words turned against GOD, are called blasphemy and lies.  Words turned against others, particularly when they are absent (we say, behind their back), are called slander.  In the dictionary, meaning for the word “devil” often appears as “one who slanders.”  Jesus warned his enemies about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit as the one sin that will not be forgiven, when his critics said he performed miracles with the help of devils.

(3.)  Observe a rule:  Talk to people, not about people (as you have done here).  What I may not say to their face, I will not say in their absence.  The point of coming together to talk is so I will have a chance to listen.

There is far more to be said, correctly understood, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (4.)  You might be able to feel better after you send a brief note to the vicar where you mention your embarrassment; ask for clarification of his earlier statements; ask for a meeting where both your beliefs and opinions may be freely expressed; or state and ask his permission to share your understanding of his ideas.  Your engaging the vicar in a thoughtful manner can edify and further benefit the entire congregation.  You might even ask he make a presentation to the small group you were with, or share his ideas on behalf of Christ with the entire congregation.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment