Thursday, April 12, 2018

(04/12/2018) Sacred Operations By GOD



The painting depicts GOD as a burning bush declaring his name and responding to the unspoken request by Moses that he “show his glory.”



Today, reply describes the sacred operations of GOD as being empty and void of fleshly and temporal elements such as alchemy and pseudo-science; devotion to the occult; idolatry; imagination; magic, sorcery, and witchcraft as well as superstition.  As lawful and necessary elements for the revelation of divine fullness (we say, the GODhead; the Trinity; The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit), expressions of sacred prerogative and sovereign will, divinity also may  provide and share sacred events (we say, miracles), marvels, eternal purpose, signs (i.e., spirit-filled events to authenticate the divine origin for promises, prophecy, etc.), and wonders.  One of the fighters at “Yahoo! Answers” who uses the ID “Anonymous” (no profile information shown) posted the following:



Where in the Bible does God grant someones wish?

They asked God for something and God gave it to them.


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.  Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, saying,  I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.  And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,  Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears:  behold, I will heal thee:  on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.  And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David’s sake.  And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.  And Hezekiah said unto Isaiah, What shall be the sign that the LORD will heal me, and that I shall go up into the house of the LORD the third day?  And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the LORD, that the LORD will do the thing that he hath spoken:  shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees?  And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees:  nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees.  And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the LORD:  and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.  (2nd Kings 20:  1-11, King James Version, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Hope That Is True (02/20/2017); Beyond Anything We Imagine? (11/13/2015); About Deluding Yourself? (09/22/2014); About Deluding Yourself? (09/23/2014); Miracles Are From GOD (03/14/2014); Giving Forgiveness? (03/15/2014); Magical Resurrection? (03/20/2013); Eat His Body, Drink His Blood (03/21/2013)


“Anonymous”, the operations of divinity are not directed to fantasy, magic, and the granting of wishes.  Even so, the processes of divine fullness (we say, the GODhead; the Trinity; the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit) do respond to sacred communication (e.g., confession, prayer, repentance), exchange, and ongoing relationships with created beings and living creatures in terms of addressing their needs and survival (e.g., food; shelter; water; meaningful work, activity, and rest); affirming promise; fulfilling prophecy; performing sacred events (we say, miracles), providing requested signs, and discharging the sanctions (rewards and punishments) declared as aspects of divine law.  Consider again the following that uses language from the Bible:

(1.)  Exodus 33:  16-23, King James Version (KJV):  16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.  17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken:  for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.  18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.  19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.  20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face:  for there shall no man see me, and live.  21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:  22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:  23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

(2.)  1st Chronicles 21:  15-17, 15 KJV:  15 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.  16 And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORD stand between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.  17 And David said unto God, Is it not I that commanded the people to be numbered? even I it is that have sinned and done evil indeed; but as for these sheep, what have they done? let thine hand, I pray thee, O LORD my God, be on me, and on my father’s house; but not on thy people, that they should be plagued.

(3.)  John 5:  1-11, KJV:  1 After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.  2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.  3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.  4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.  5 And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.  6 When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?  7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool:  but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.  8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.  9 And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked:  and on the same day was the sabbath.  10 The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day:  it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.  11 He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (4.)  1st Peter 2:  21-25, KJV:  21 For even hereunto were ye called:  because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:  22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:  23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:  24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness:  by whose stripes ye were healed.  25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.



THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment