Thursday, April 5, 2018

(04/05/2018) Christianity Is A Relationship





Today, reply is shared presenting Christianity as an intimate ongoing relationship with divinity, rather than a logical construct, a philosophy, a religion, or a set of ethnic and cultural traditions.  Christian commitment and belief are expressed using covenant promises, inheritance, interpersonal and family process as well as acts of choice, volition and self-will, dominion (authority; rule; self-government), and leadership.  Adam is the first to be called a “son of GOD.”  Abraham was called “the Friend of GOD;” and the figure of Moses demonstrates and exemplifies the possibilities for communication, exchange, and interaction (we say, continuing relationship) with divinity through imparted personhood, joining through shared spirit substance, and shared eternal purpose.  The blessing of oneness without sameness that exists among the aspects of divine fullness (we say, the GODhead; the Trinity; the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit) was made actual, approachable, and knowable using flesh and blood through the Incarnation (the sacred operations whereby divinity was made visible in authentic humanity as Jesus Christ; included were birth, death, ministry, resurrection, and ascension).  Moses served as more than simply a king, or even a high priest; Moses was anointed as a prophet and spokesperson for GOD and for his covenant people, Israel.  Similarly, Christ appeared as more than another king over Israel; he came as Messiah, Redeemer, Savior, and The Anointed One.  One of the fighters in the “Yahoo! Answers” forum who uses the ID “Anonymous” (no profile information shown) posted the following:



Why do religious people claim that they know GOD on a personal level?

It makes no sense. Welcome to religion. Does not compute.



THE GOLDEN ARROW:  And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses.  And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door:  and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door.  And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp:  but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.  And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people:  and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.  Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight:  and consider that this nation is thy people.  And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.  And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.  For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.   And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken:  for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.  And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.  And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.  And he said, Thou canst not see my face:  for there shall no man see me, and live.  (Exodus 33:  9-20, King James Version, KJV)



THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  The Meaning of “Faith” (03/28/2018); “I Never Knew You” (03/23/2018); Whoso Keepeth His Word (03/09/2018); Offspring of GOD? (12/23/2015); Face to Face Like Moses? (01/28/2014); Faith not Politics? (12/02/2014); Ye Are Not In The Flesh (12/03/2014); Covenants and Relationships (01/29/2014); Salvation is Conditional? (01/30/2014)



“Anonymous”, Billy Graham shared the truth that Christianity is not a “religion”, it is a “relationship”.  Relationships that supply the things necessary for life and survival (even among family) all require balance, acknowledging accountability, commitment, discovery, enthusiasm, gradual growth, gratitude, uninterrupted respect, and stability.  For mature Christians, the operations of GOD are acknowledged as revelation and information-sharing that establishes the personhood and active presence of divinity.  GOD must be experienced as more than an academic abstraction, a hypothetical construct, and a feature from finite human intelligence and imagination.  The Creator appears (we say, is embodied; incarnate; manifest) within divine law; sacred knowledge; sacramental practices (e.g., baptism, confession, marriage, penance); the living body of believers (we say, the church); and the imparted, indwelling Holy Spirit.  This is possible because GOD is the fullness of divine spirit (we say, breath, life essence, sovereign will, Word).  Disbelievers and sinners are challenged to repent (i.e., willingly turn away) from the operations of sin in their lives, and “get to know GOD” through rebirth, and new life.  Once a person’s inborn spirit dies, is buried, and they are “raised from the dead,” so to speak, they receive a fresh endowment of spirit (divine DNA) from the makeup of GOD that allows them to exist as offspring (sons and daughters), joint heirs, and the new creation through Jesus Christ.  Those “born again” must “grow up again,” and become mature while living on the earth.  In the same way (even with best friends) no one ever knows another person’s every private feeling or thought, yet, they have high levels of affection and trust, specific expectations, and shared goals, so it is for those who follow Jesus Christ.  A sanctifying relationship develops through activity that includes praise, prayer, separation from secular things for dedicated service, sacrifice and unselfish giving.  Consider again the following that uses language from the Bible:


(1.)  Galatians 2:  20, King James Version (KJV):  20 I am crucified with Christ:  nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:  and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

(2.)  Romans 8:  5-9, KJV:  5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.  6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.  7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:  for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.  8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.  9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

(3.)  Romans 6:  3-7, KJV:  3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?  4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:  that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.  5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:  6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.  7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (4.)  Philippians 3:  7-14, KJV:  7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.  8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord:  for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,  9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:  10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;  11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.  12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect:  but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.  13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:  but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,  14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment