Sunday, December 17, 2017

(12/17/2017) The Commandments of Jesus


A Depiction of the Disciples of Jesus Feeding the 5,000



Today, reply is made on the “commandments” given by Jesus Christ to his church.  The process of salvation through the Son of GOD is one of transforming the human makeup by imparting fresh endowments of life essence (breath, spirit, Word) from the fullness of divinity (we say, the GODhead, Father, Son and Holy Spirit).  As vessels for the same eternal purpose and spirit substance contained within the law, mankind should display obedience and respect to the expressed will of GOD more completely, continually, and correctly.  Sinners should receive water baptism representing the death, burial and resurrection of ones inborn spirit along with rebirth from divine DNA, so to speak.  Performing ones duty and service to GOD, then, comes forth as an aspect of ones own awareness, their exercise of self-will, and their becoming mature through discovery, learning, and gradual growth.  A fighter in the “Yahoo! Answers” forum using the ID “Fibea” (Level 1 with 151 points, a member since December 04, 2017) posted the following:


Does being Christian require following the commandments of Jesus, or just believing that Jesus is the son of God and has come to save us?


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.  And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.  But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?  And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?  Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.  So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  (Luke 17:  5-10, King James Version, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  In Spirit and Truth? (10/02/2017); Conforming to Divine Standards (06/18/2017); Inheritance Must Become Commitment (05/15/2017); Addressed by the Spirit, Not the Letter? (03/31/2015); Miracles are Sacred Events (12/20/2013); Resisting Sin (12/21/2013); The Limits to Believing? (09/16/2013); All Things Possible? (09/17/2013)


“Fibea”, Christians are to exist as a new creation containing spirit content from the makeup of GOD (e.g., faith, holiness, longsuffering, lovingkindness, wisdom, wrath against sin).  For followers of Jesus Christ, grace and shared love are the basis for relationship between the Creator and the created, therefore, authority, commandments, and law are not annulled, eliminated or ignored, yet, those who serve as his disciples are to respond with dutifulness and obedience as the expression of genuine faith, divine righteousness, and sacred will imparted from GOD.  Christians are not given a new set of laws to replace the ancient covenants from the Jews so much as they are to observe certain memorials and practices to encourage their continuing as his body, and the disciples of Christ (the church).  Consider again the following that uses language from the Bible:

(1.)  John 15:  5-17, King James Version (KJV):  5 I am the vine, ye are the branches:  He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:  for without me ye can do nothing.  6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.  7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.  8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.  9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you:  continue ye in my love.  10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.  11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.  12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.  13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.  14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.  15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth:  but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.  16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:  that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.  17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

(2.)  Mark 6:  34-44, KJV:  34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.  35 And when the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said, This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed:  36 Send them away, that they may go into the country round about, and into the villages, and buy themselves bread:  for they have nothing to eat.  37 He answered and said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they say unto him, Shall we go and buy two hundred pennyworth of bread, and give them to eat?  38 He saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? go and see. And when they knew, they say, Five, and two fishes.  39 And he commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the green grass.  40 And they sat down in ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties.  41 And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all.  42 And they did all eat, and were filled.
43 And they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments, and of the fishes.  44 And they that did eat of the loaves were about five thousand men.


(3.)  Matthew 28:  18-20, KJV:  18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.  19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:  and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

(4.)  Galatians 2:  20-21, KJV:  20 I am crucified with Christ:  nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:  and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.  21 I do not frustrate the grace of God:  for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and carefully made a part of ones full belief.  (For example, (5.)  1st Corinthians 11:  23-29, KJV:  23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:  24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat:  this is my body, which is broken for you:  this do in remembrance of me.  25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood:  this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.  26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.  27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.  28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.  29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC





No comments:

Post a Comment