Thursday, March 3, 2016

(03/03/2016) Names From The Cross?

Holy names, and how Christ spoke to the Father while upon the cross are in focus, today.  Correctly understood, the name of GOD is a set of divine accomplishments and sacred deeds whereby divinity is to be known and spoken of among created beings and living creatures.  There appears to be no single word or phrase used to address Deity within intimate and private relationship as a “personal name.”  The divine name or title used in the earliest revelations to mankind for covenant, and that is repeated throughout the holy writings (Genesis to Revelation) appears to have been El Shaddai, Almighty God.  However, GOD revealed himself to Abraham using a name that is now represented by Jehovah; and this same name was used in covenant with Moses and all Israel.  While Christ and the Father were briefly separated by the Son becoming the sin of mankind upon the cross, the Father did not abandon, betray, or deny the Son.  In the understanding that the name of the Father remains concealed, the name “Jesus” serves in the same way as “Jah” and “Jehovah”.  Consider again the following verses from Scripture and the presentation below:
Deuteronomy 29:  29, King James Version (KJV):  29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God:  but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
Exodus 3:  13-15, KJV:  13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?  14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:  and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.  15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:  this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
Exodus 6:  2-4, KJV:  2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:  3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.  4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.
Psalms 91:  13-15, KJV:  13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder:  the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.  14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him:  I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.  15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him:  I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Galatians 3:  4-7, KJV:  4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,  5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.  6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.  7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
One of the fighters at “Yahoo! Answers” who share the ID “Anonymous” (no profile information shared) posted the following:
Why is there no record of Jesus ever saying or pronouncing his Father's name yet Jehovah's Witnesses use the name "Jehovah"?
THE GOLDEN ARROW:  Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.  For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it:  for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.  Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.  Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens:  when I call unto them, they stand up together.  All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The LORD hath loved him:  he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans.  I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him:  I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.  Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I:  and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.  (Isaiah 48:  10-16, KJV)
THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Correct Awe and Respect (02/04/2016); We Call Him Jealous? (10/25/2015); Use Holy Names Not Titles? (08/17/2015); About Knowing the Name of GOD (09/21/2014); About Deluding Yourself? (09/22/2014); Anointed? (04/28/2014); No More “Mr. Nice Guy”? (04/29/2014); The Name(?) of GOD (04/09/2014); The “Miniature War”? (04/10/2014)
“Anonymous”, many mature Christian believers are trusting that, despite time and space, through operations of the Holy Spirit, blood and truth from the cross are flowing to here and now.  The holy writings acknowledged among the disciples and followers of Jesus Christ serve as a shared “database” of “sacred knowledge,” and, in keeping with divine purposes of revelation (i.e., making Deity knowable and known to created beings and living creatures), have not been provided in the form of codes that must be deciphered, and “unknown tongues.”  Only balance, discernment and maturity are required for full comprehension.  In keeping with the practices and traditions of his inheritance as a Jew, the Savior did not speak the personal name of GOD in public ministry even when crying out in prayer upon the cross.  While living and dying upon the cross at Calvary, Jesus continued to minister love, respect, and trust to his friends, to his mother, to the believer on the cross and those who would come to him in future ages as well as to the Father in heaven.  In private and silent prayer, Jesus may well have used a “personal name,” rather than the acronyms, titles and tags used to speak about divinity, not to divinity (such as “Hashem”, “G-d”).  Whether the living experience agony or ecstasy, when approaching the Most High, there should be the display of awe, humility, propriety, restraint, reverence, and self-discipline.  Consider again how this is stated through the language of the Bible:
(1.)  Mark 14:  32-36, King James Version (KJV):  32 And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane:  and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here, while I shall pray.  33 And he taketh with him Peter and James and John, and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy;  34 And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death:  tarry ye here, and watch.  35 And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.  36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me:  nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
(2.)  Romans 8:  14-16, KJV:  14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.  15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.  16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
(3.)  Romans 8:  24-27, KJV:  24 For we are saved by hope:  but hope that is seen is not hope:  for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?  25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.  26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:  for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:  but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
There is far more to be said, understood, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (4.)  Mark 15:  32-37, KJV:  32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.  33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.  34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?  35 And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias.  36 And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.  37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.
THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC
New Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment