Tuesday, September 8, 2015

(09/08/2015) Repentance, Sin and Willpower

Today, Scripture points are shared on backsliding, iniquity, repentance, and salvation.  Self-will and willpower in created beings and living creatures are not sufficient to establish the full transformation that must occur to counteract the operations of sin.  Sin now appears as a permanent condition imposed upon development and interaction for all within the earth as a sphere of life.  Sin opposes the continued existence of divine law, the Law Giver, and the universe established through sacred law.  Sin is no living entity, has no material and tangible form, is hidden and unseen (i.e., not recognizable by finite beings as contrary to their own nature), and can not be eliminated without multiple divine processes such as atonement, baptism, repentance, rebirth, rededication, and sanctification.  Rebirth only appears through operations carried out by the same Spirit of GOD that was active during Creation.  One of the many fighters using the ID “Anonymous” at “Yahoo! Answers” (no profile information shared) posted the following:


In Christianity, is sin something that is unavoidable and therefore must be repented of at every corner?

Or is it something that can be avoided with extreme care and willpower?


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:  The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God:  for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.  Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.  The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth:  so is every one that is born of the Spirit.  Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?  Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?  (John 3:  1-10, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  All Have Sinned? (07/29/2015); There Must Be Permanent Change (07/12/2015); Carnal Needs, Sacred Tools? (03/26/2015); Sinless Until Advent? (11/05/2014); Holy Wars? (11/06/2014); Genuine Repentance? (03/24/2014); When Is A Law The LAW? (03/25/2014)


“Anonymous”, the operations of sin upon and within created beings and living creatures are accomplished through their finite features of awareness and self-will.  Sin has direction, effect, and presence, yet, sin does not respond to the will of GOD.  It is only by grace through faith and the will of GOD that mankind receives inheritance and place with Jesus Christ.  For the living to overcome, repel and resist sin, fresh deposits of divine content from the makeup of divinity must become part of their full substance.  Correctly understood, repentance only occurs through specific operations carried out by the imparted Spirit from GOD, and is more than simply making apology for wrongdoing.  Repentance also entails confession; accepting correction; death of ones inborn spirit; glorification; justification, rebirth; release from captivity and enslavement; sacrifice; the profound sorrowing for sin as well as the continuous expression of wrath against sin.  Many Christian believers are willing to be guided through such principles and truths as those contained in the following Scriptures:

(1.)  Jeremiah 8:  5-7, King James Version (KJV):  5 Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return.  6 I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright:  no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle.  7 Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the LORD.

(2.)  Leviticus 26:  40-44, KJV:  40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;  41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:  42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.  43 The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them:  and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity:  because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.  44 And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them:  for I am the LORD their God.

(3.)  Jeremiah 31:  18-20, KJV:  18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke:  turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God.  19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh:  I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.  20 Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still:  therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD.

(4.)  Romans 16:  17-18, KJV:  17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.  18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

(5.)  Mark 11:  24-26, KJV:  24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.  25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any:  that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.  26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

(6.)  Acts 8:  18-24, KJV:  18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,  19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.  20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.  21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter:  for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.  22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.  23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.  24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

There are many other points that should be carefully considered, correctly understood, and made a permanent aspect of ones new life in Christ.  (For example:  (7.)  Romans 8:  26-30, KJV:  26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:  for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:  but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.  30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called:  and whom he called, them he also justified:  and whom he justified, them he also glorified.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.

THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment