Wednesday, October 30, 2013

(10/30/2013) Afraid of Eternal Life?

Reply is made to a writer who expresses fear that eternal life will be static, lacking change and having no excitement.  The “Yahoo! Answers” writer using ID “Alice” (Level 1 with 155 points, a member since September 15, 2012) posted the following:


Am I the only Christian who is afraid of eternal life?


Hi everyone:)
I am a born again Christian and strive to spread the word of God with others so that they too can feel the happiness that I feel. I know I am saved and I love my savior Jesus Christ more than anything. I am proud to call myself a child of God and a Christian. But...I'm terrified of eternal life? Just the thought of living forever and forever and forever scares me. Maybe eternity will only seem like a day, I don't know! I can't wait to meet my Heavenly Father in Heaven, but, please tell me I'm not a bad Christian for being scared. I really hope I am not the only one.



THE GOLDEN ARROW:  For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron:  I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.  Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.  The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee:  but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.  Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself:  for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.  Thy people also shall be all righteous:  they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.  A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation:  I the LORD will hasten it in his time.  (Isaiah 60:  17-22, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Embodied Afterlife? (10/11/2013); Commandments in the Light of Christ? (10/12/2013); Can One Escape? (09/18/2013); Gentiles and the Law? (09/19/2013); A Relationship not Just Knowledge? (06/25/2013); Lost Without GOD? (06/26/2013); When Does Judgment Begin? (06/27/2013); The Fear of GOD (10/30/2012); Saved in Childbearing? (10/31/2012); Love in Christ? (10/23/2012); Escape from Racism (10/24/2012); Unwelcome Gifts? (09/17/2012); Does Believing Make It Happen? (09/18/2012)


Alice, here are a few points about fear and about life that may be shared among Christian believers:

(1.)  Fears that arise by focusing on the bad things that are possible and that may occur without warning are always overcome by (a) acknowledging the certain truth that divine promises will be fulfilled, (b) that divine intent and sacred purpose is to bestow good upon created beings and living creatures, and (c )that our “happiness” no longer depends only upon what we do for ourselves as if GOD has no care for us, and will not answer all our need.

(2.)  The human idea of what “life” is must be replaced by divine concepts of being, existence, and interrelationship.  As believers in Jesus Christ, we are born again from divine DNA, so to speak.  We are now in a godly process of growth wherein we gradually acquire a permanent awareness of spirit being and sacred substance in the place of things that are carnal, material, and secular.

(3.)  The special blessing of GOD through Jesus Christ is not simply longevity.  The purpose of eternal life is eternal relationship, and unlimited interaction with he who is sovereign above all that is in the universe.

There is far more to be said, correctly applied, and spiritually understood.  (For example, (4.)  Once judgment of the wicked is completed, mortality will be ended.  All mankind will be made immortal and incorruptible.  Alienation, decay, enmity, hostility, loneliness, and all forms of violence will be banished.  There can be no boredom, pain without healing, unwanted isolation, or lack of understanding to make believers feel that they are prisoners, victims, or unwelcome guests.)  I trust this fragment will be useful.  Even so, be it unto you according to your faith.  The time of our Savior’s coming is nearer than before.  Grow in grace rejoicing!


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC



New Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment