Friday, October 25, 2013

(10/25/2013) With The Whole Heart?

Seeking to develop the most effective format for this blog intended to correct error and nourish faith, I introduce an alternative presentation approach, today.   It is necessary to replace the work of responding to questions from “Yahoo! Answers,” because the writers there do not seem to have a genuine hunger for the word from GOD.   When I began with the idea of a sacred writings blog, I wanted to share the holy writings as a way that would help readers realize that the Bible can be understood through the plain talk and healthy conversation of believers.  In order to be properly selfless, my approach was to be one of answering questions and replying to issues from others, instead of sharing only my own reflections upon my favorite Scriptures.  I’ve decided to put it before my readers, today, asking that you let me know after the next few posts whether the following, where Scripture answers Scripture, is more useful or not:

 


SOME THOUGHTS ON

1 Amaziah was twenty and five years old when he began to reign, and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. And his mother’s name was Jehoaddan of Jerusalem.

2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart. (2nd Chronicles 25:  1-2, KJV)



2nd Chronicles 16:  9 (KJV)  9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly:  therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.


Psalms 111:  1-3 (KJV)  1 Praise ye the LORD.  I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.  2 The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.  3 His work is honourable and glorious:  and his righteousness endureth for ever.


Psalms 119:  33-35 (KJV)  33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.  34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.  35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.


Psalms 119:  144-146 (KJV)  144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting:  give me understanding, and I shall live.  145 I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep thy statutes.  146 I cried unto thee; save me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.


Jeremiah 24:  7 (KJV)  7 And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD:  and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.


Mark 12:  28-34 (KJV)  28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?  29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:  30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength:  this is the first commandment.  31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.  32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:  33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.  34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.


Of course, there is far more to be said, correctly shared, and spiritually understood.  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.  Jesus is coming.  Grow in grace.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC



New Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment