Saturday, October 26, 2013

(10/26/2013) Order My Steps

Using the Scriptures on Scripture format, a prayer for guidance is in view, today.  Again readers are invited to add to the presentation by sharing verses and brief passages through the “Comments” section (see below).


SOME THOUGHTS ON


133 Order my steps in thy word:  and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.  (Psalms 119:  133, KJV)


Psalms 37:  23-25 (KJV)  23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD:  and he delighteth in his way.  24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down:  for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.  25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.


Proverbs 16:  24-26 (KJV)  24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.  25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.  26 He that laboureth laboureth for himself; for his mouth craveth it of him.


Psalm 119:  103-106 (KJV)  103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!  104 Through thy precepts I get understanding:  therefore I hate every false way.  105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.  106 I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.


2nd Samuel 22:  33-37 (KJV)  33 God is my strength and power:  and he maketh my way perfect.  34 He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet: and setteth me upon my high places.  35 He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.  36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation:  and thy gentleness hath made me great.  37 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.


Psalm 37:  30-32 (KJV)  30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.  31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.  32 The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.


Proverbs 4:  11-13 (KJV)  11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.  12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.  13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go:  keep her; for she is thy life.


Jeremiah 10:  23-24 (KJV)  23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself:  it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.  24 O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.


1st Peter 2:  19-25 (KJV)  19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.  20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.  21 For even hereunto were ye called:  because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:  22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:  23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:  24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness:  by whose stripes ye were healed.  25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.


John 14:  6 (KJV)  6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.  Jesus is coming.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC


New Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment