Sunday, November 15, 2015

(11/15/2015) Unto The Pure

Fraud and giving among, and by members in communities of faith are the topic, today.  The fighter at “Yahoo! Answers” using the ID “James” (Level 5 with 6,700 points, a member since August 18, 2012) posted the following:


Religion is legalized fraud?


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord:  for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.  Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect:  but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:  but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 3:  7-14, KJV)



THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  A $1,000 Dollar Seed? (11/02/2015); More On Sacrificial Giving (11/03/2015); Respect to Our Religious Beliefs? (04/21/2015); Conflict Because of Religious Belief? (01/30/2015); When People Covet (12/22/2013); On Judging Preachers as “Fake” (12/23/2013);  Jesus Arose Bodily (12/24/2013)


“James”, for those who are members of organized faith communities, acknowledging sacred duties and taking up responsibilities to express their love and respect for divinity are in agreement with their personal goals and understandings.  Enslavement, oppression and robbery do not come into view.  For Christian believers, this also means that the tasks they perform as followers of the Lord are not contrary to the new nature they receive from the makeup of Deity (we say, rebirth; the Holy Spirit).  For those who think like thieves, condemning others, covetousness, deceit, envy, fear, and possessiveness are more in line with their character than the dutifulness, respect and unselfishness disciples of Christ are to display.  While there is a formal contract among believers to be in mutual support, all they give and share is directed to GOD.  Consider again these points from the holy writings:

(1.)  Titus 1:  15-16, King James Version (KJV):  15 Unto the pure all things are pure:  but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.  16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

(2.)  Psalms 116:  12-14, KJV:  12 What shall I render to the LORD for all his benefits toward me?  13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.  14 I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.

(3.)  Proverbs 3:  9-10, KJV:  9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:  10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

(4.)  1st Peter 5:  2-4, KJV:  2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;  3 Neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.  4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

There is far more to be said, correctly applied, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (5.)  Malachi 3:  8-11, KJV:  8 Will a man rob God?  Yet ye have robbed me.  But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee?  In tithes and offerings.  9 Ye are cursed with a curse:  for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.  10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if he will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.  11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC


New Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment