Tuesday, August 18, 2015

(08/18/2015) Jesus Given A Divine Ministry?

Scripture points are shared, today, on the divine character and sacred nature of the ministry shared by Jesus Christ upon the earth, and from heaven as Risen Lord.  The fighter at “Yahoo! Answers” using the ID “banana” (a member since September 04, 2013 now at Level 6 having 11,813 points) posted the following:


After his baptism what was the focus of Jesus life and his message?


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:  and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.  His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;  And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.  And he had in his right hand seven stars:  and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword:  and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.  Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.  (Revelation 1:  10-20, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Called of GOD? (08/02/2015); Christ the Son of David? (06/12/2015); He Must Increase? (04/01/2015); Called of GOD? (06/21/2014); About the Second Coming? (01/18/2014); Both Born Holy? (04/29/2013); Scripture at Funerals? (04/30/2013)


“banana”, Jesus was baptized to further teach, continue, and live out the message from John the Baptist regarding commitment, preparation, repentance, and the kingdom of GOD.  At the same time, however, the Savior was acknowledged as heir to the Most High, and anointed to accomplish the divine works that included atonement, exorcism, forgiveness, healing, incarnation, intercession, judgment, prophecy, revelation, and sanctification.  Initially, only John the Baptist, son of a Levitical priest, was enabled by the Holy Spirit to hear and see the act of GOD that installed Jesus as an high priest after the order of Melchisidec.  Guided by the Holy Spirit, Jesus left the populated areas, and went into seclusion that lasted 40 days and 40 nights.  Through fasting, isolation, prayer and supplication to mortify the flesh, Jesus surrendered himself to be exalted, glorified, and transformed by divinity.  Satan appeared as the first “student” of the Anointed One partly because the tempter could not recognize the Son of GOD upon the earth as being the same one who had ruled in heaven.  The work of the Lord was not so much to challenge, condemn or oppose long-standing religious customs and traditions as it was to fulfill promise and prophecy, to introduce a new dispensation of spiritual gifts for sacred relationship, and to provide a more authentic and intimate manifestation of GOD.  Consider again some of the points that are shared through the Scriptures:

(1.)  Luke 4:  16-21, King James Version (KJV):  16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up:  and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.  17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,  18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,  19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.  20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.  21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

(2.)  Matthew 3:  10-12, KJV:  10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees:  therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.  11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:  but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:  he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:  12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

(3.)  John 9:  39-41, KJV:  39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.  40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?  41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin:  but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

(4.)  John 10:  9-11, KJV:  9 I am the door:  by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.  10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.  11 I am the good shepherd:  the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

(5.)  2nd Timothy 1:  7-10, KJV:  7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner:  but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;  9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,  10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

(6.)  John 5:  33-38, KJV:  33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.  34 But I receive not testimony from man:  but these things I say, that ye might be saved.  35 He was a burning and a shining light:  and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.  36 But I have greater witness than that of John:  for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.  37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.  38 And ye have not his word abiding in you:  for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

There is far more that could be said, and that must be correctly understood and spiritually taken into account.  (For example (7.)  John 17:  17-23, KJV:  17 Sanctify them through thy truth:  thy word is truth.  18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.  19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.  20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;  21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:  that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.  22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:  23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.



THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment