Wednesday, February 25, 2015

(02/25/2015) How Do You Know?

Certainty, peace of mind, and Scriptures that are the foundation for our belief that we will live eternally with Christ are in view, today.  The fighter at “Yahoo! Answers” using the ID “Super Duper Pious Man” (Level 2 with 664 points, a member since December 30, 2014) attacked using the following:


Christians, how do you know that you going to be going to heaven? What if you forget to repent for a sin?

Update: You could go to hell for eating shellfish, then when you forget you'll be in hell right next to me! Don't worry I save you a spot in the shallows


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.  If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.  (1st John 1:  5-10, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  A Guarantee of Heaven? (03/22/2014); The Bible is Unchanging? (03/23/2014); Genuine Repentance? (03/24/2014); When Is A Law The LAW? (03/25/2014); Saul of Tarsus (03/26/2014); A Golden Ticket? (11/30/2012); And This Was Good News (12/01/2012); Does Everyone Go To Heaven? (10/28/2012); Magick and Prayers? (10/29/2012)


“Super Duper Pious Man”, Christian believers depend upon revelation and sacred knowledge in the forms of divine promise and prophecy such as the following:

(1.)  Numbers 23:  19, KJV:  God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:  hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

(2.)  John 4:  23-24, KJV:  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:  for the Father seeketh such to worship him.  24 God is a Spirit:  and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

(3.)   John 14:  1-3, KJV:  Let not your heart be troubled:  ye believe in God, believe also in me.  2 In my Father’s house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

As with all the things dealing with divinity, there is far more to be said, correctly understood, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (4.)  John 17:  24-26, KJV:  24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me:  for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.  25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee:  but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.  26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith and spiritual maturity.

THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment