Wednesday, October 8, 2014

(10/08/2014) My Soul Shall Be Satisfied

A Scripture study is shared today showing that the recurring need of created beings and living creatures for spirit content from the makeup of divinity is as great as the need for bread, water, physical activity, and social acceptance.


SOME THOUGHTS ON


1 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee:  my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

3 Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.

4 Thus will I bless thee while I live:  I will lift up my hands in thy name.

5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:

6 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

7 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

8 My soul followeth hard after thee:  thy right hand upholdeth me.

9 But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.

10 They shall fall by the sword:  they shall be a portion for foxes.

11 But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory:  but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.  (Psalms 63:  1-11, KJV)



Genesis 24:  14 (KJV)  14 And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also:  let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.

1st Chronicles 11:  16-18 (KJV)  16 And David was then in the hold, and the Philistines’ garrison was then at Bethlehem.  17 And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, that is at the gate!  18 And the three brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David:  but David would not drink of it, but poured it out to the LORD.

Psalms 80:  4-7 (KJV)  4 O LORD God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people?  5 Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; and givest them tears to drink in great measure.  6 Thou makest us a strife unto our neighbours:  and our enemies laugh among themselves.  7 Turn us again, O God of hosts, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.

Joel 2:  12-19 (KJV)  12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:  13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God:  for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.  14 Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?  15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:  16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts:  let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.  17 Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?  18 Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people.  19 Yea, the LORD will answer and say unto his people, Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen:

Psalms 109:  23-25 (KJV)  23 I am gone like the shadow when it declineth:  I am tossed up and down as the locust.  24 My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh faileth of fatness.  25 I became also a reproach unto them:  when they looked upon me they shaked their heads.

Isaiah 58:  1-11 (KJV)  1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.  2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God:  they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.  3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.  4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness:  ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.  5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?  6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?  7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?  8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily:  and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.  9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;  10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:  11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones:  and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

Matthew 6:  16-18 (KJV)  16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.  17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;  18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret:  and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

Ecclesiastes 5:  18-19 (KJV)  18 Behold that which I have seen:  it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him:  for it is his portion.  19 Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.

John 4:  7-15 (KJV)  7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water:  Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.  8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)  9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.  10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.  11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?  12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?  13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:  14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.  15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

John 6:  27-35 (KJV)  27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you:  for him hath God the Father sealed.  28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?  29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.  30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?  31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.  32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.  33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.  34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.  35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life:  he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Deuteronomy 8:  3 (KJV)  3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.


There is far more to be said, correctly understood, and spiritually apprehended.  For example, a believers appetite and desire to be in the active presence of divinity are to be amplified and sated through the word of GOD.  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment