Saturday, October 4, 2014

(10/04/2014) Begotten Unto A Lively Hope?

A Scripture study is shared, today, on the hope among Christian believers pertaining to adoption, glory, mercy in divine judgment and eternal life.  Expectations and expressions of hope for the believer are all generated by godly utterances.  Thus, the basis for hope is no different than that for belief, such aspects of sacred life as atonement, baptism, commandments, doctrine, healing, forgiveness, sacraments, sacred law, proclamations, promises, and prophecy.


SOME THOUGHTS ON


3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  (1st Peter 1:  3-5, KJV)


Psalms 42:  10-11 (KJV)  10 As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?  11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God:  for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalms 39:  6-8 (KJV)  6 Surely every man walketh in a vain shew:  surely they are disquieted in vain:  he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.  7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.  8 Deliver me from all my transgressions:  make me not the reproach of the foolish.

Psalms 33:  21-22 (KJV)  21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.  22 Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

Job 11:  13-20 (KJV)  13 If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him;  14 If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles.  15 For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear:  16 Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away:  17 And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday:  thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning.  18 And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety.  19 Also thou shalt lie down, and none shall make thee afraid; yea, many shall make suit unto thee.  20 But the eyes of the wicked shall fail, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giving up of the ghost.

Psalms 16:  8-10 (KJV)  8 I have set the LORD always before me:  because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.  9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth:  my flesh also shall rest in hope.  10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Psalms 119:  48-50 (KJV)  48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.  49 Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.  50 This is my comfort in my affliction:  for thy word hath quickened me.

Psalms 130:  3-5 (KJV)  3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?  4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.  5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

Psalms 147:  11  (KJV)  11 The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Lamentations 3:  24-33 (KJV)  24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.  25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.  26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.  27 It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.  28 He sitteth alone and keepeth silence, because he hath borne it upon him.  29 He putteth his mouth in the dust; if so be there may be hope.  30 He giveth his cheek to him that smiteth him:  he is filled full with reproach.  31 For the Lord will not cast off for ever:  32 But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.  33 For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

1st Peter 2:  1-5 (KJV)  1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,  2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:  3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.  4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,  5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:  1-8 (KJV)  1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:  2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also:  knowing that tribulation worketh patience;  4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:  5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.  6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.  7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die:  yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.  8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Titus 3:  3-8 (KJV)  3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.  4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,  5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;  6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;  7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.  8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Romans 15:  13 (KJV)  13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

1st Thessalonians 5:  7-9 (KJV)  7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.  8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.  9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Again, there is far more to be said and made a permanent part of our understandings.  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.

THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment