Thursday, June 14, 2018

(06/14/2018) The Divinity Of Christ?



 
Today, reply is on whether the Great Commission appearing in the Gospel of Matthew teaches that GOD is a trinity.  A fighter in the “Yahoo! Answers” Religion and Spirituality forum using the ID “Anonymous” (no profile information shared) posted the following:


How does Matthew 28:18 teach that God is a trinity?Jesus tells his disciples to baptize people in the name of his God, the Father and of himself and the holy spirit. Where does Jesus say that he is a part of his God and that all three make up the one God?


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:  but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.  (1st John 3:  2, King James Version, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Christianity Is A Relationship (04/05/2018); Jesus Called “Almighty GOD?” (12/21/2017); Jesus Demonstrated Perfected Humanity (10/29/2017); All Who Express Divinity (06/21/2016); The GOD Part of Jesus? (05/06/2015); Aspects of Divinity? (06/15/2014); Son of Adam and of GOD? (06/16/2014); Focus of Believers? (06/17/2014) 

“Anonymous”, because we understand personhood as an attribute of divinity, as Christian believers, our ways of speaking and thinking about GOD include such elements as communication, Incarnation, interaction, names, praise, prayer, relationships, sacrifice, and titles.  Even so, our consciousness of Jesus Christ as an aspect of divine fullness (we say, Deity; the Godhead; the Trinity; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) does not result from a single statement in Scripture, a single sacred event (we say, miracle), or a single account (we say, gospel) of the life and ministry of Jesus on the earth.  The revelation of divine fullness through the holy writings must address aspects of sacred process and proclamation that occur before the frameworks of time and space, before the platforms of heaven and earth.  The holy writings, therefore, provide multiple streams of sacred truth (e.g., government chronicles, covenants, doctrine, divine law, promises, prophecy, visions), and require that sinners be apprehended by GOD (we say, born again; become incarnations of divinity) through fresh endowments of inseparable spirit substance imparted from the makeup of GOD that establish the possibility for created beings and living creatures to exist as Christ-like, a new creation, and the offspring of GOD.  Consider again the following that uses language from the Bible:

(1.)  Matthew 28:  16-20, King James Version (KJV):  16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.  17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him:  but some doubted.  18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.  19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:  and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

(2.)  John 17:  11, KJV:  11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

(3.)  John 17:  20-26, KJV:  20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;  21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:  that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.  22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:  23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.  24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me:  for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.  25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee:  but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.  26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it:  that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

(4.)  Isaiah 63:  16, KJV:  16 Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not:  thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (5.)  John 14:   8-14, KJV:  8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.  9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?  10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself:  but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.  11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me:  or else believe me for the very works’ sake.  12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.



THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment