Sunday, June 3, 2018

(06/03/2018) The Relationship As Servant




Today, reply is on fellowship with divinity, the beauty and fullness of servitude as demonstrated by Jesus Christ, and the character of service as love.  The fighter in the “Yahoo! Answers” Religion and Spirituality forum who uses the ID “?” (Level 1 with 88 points, a member since May 11, 2018) posted the following:


Please explain this biblical teaching to me?
I went to church today and my pastor was talking about how the Son of God will wash the feet of the faithful if they so asked. Why would a man, who claims to be God's son, chose a life of servitude. If anything we should be washing his feet and shouting to the heavens that we had such an honor as to tend to Jesus' needs.



THE GOLDEN ARROW: Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?  (Romans 6:  16, King James Version, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Endurance, Humility and Obedience? (06/04/2017); Genuine Spiritual Discernment? (03/27/2017); Carrying Out Divine Law? (03/20/2017); A Servant and More (08/17/2016); Humility and The Cross? (03/15/2016); Called Slaves by GOD? (02/10/2016); Called To Be Servants? (11/25/2015); The Ordinance of Humility? (08/12/2015)


“?”, many are not careful to discern divine attentions and benefits.  Here are some points on the meaning and value of servitude as demonstrated by divinity that are important among mature Christian believers:

1.  Where servitude is a voluntary and willful offering of ones personhood and full spirit content, there also is continuing communication, exchange, and interaction (we say, access; approachability; relationship) that displays other aspects of the Spirit imparted from GOD.  Included are accountability, faithfulness, humility, longsuffering, patience, respect, trust, truth, and unselfishness.

2.  In addition to commitment, discernment, lovingkindness, and self-restraint, those responding to divine law, sacred proclamations, and the eternal purposes of GOD will display obedience (the putting aside of ones own desires, goals, and objectives to carry out and perform those of another).

3.  Otherwise unseen aspects of the beauty, fruitfulness, goodness, and power in servitude to divinity are made visible through Jesus Christ as the lamb of GOD’s covering for Adam, and the ram caught in the thicket for Abraham.  Included are atonement for sin, endowing and adding value to others, grace (unmerited favor), and propitiation (appeasement; conciliation) as well as sacrifice (loss in giving up something valued).

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, the divine process for mankind being joined to Christ is through his works whereby the Savior was joined to the Father.  Included are circumcision, forgiveness, Incarnation, resurrection, revelation, ascension.  Thus, it is written:  John 14:   8-14, King James Version (KJV):  8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.  9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?  10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself:  but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.  11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me:  or else believe me for the very works’ sake.  12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.  Also, John 13:  13-17, KJV:  13 Ye call me Master and Lord:  and ye say well; for so I am.  14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another’s feet.  15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.  16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.  17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.

THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment