Thursday, March 29, 2018

(03/29/2018) Fear of the Unknown




Today, reply is on the excellence of Christian relationship with eternal divinity over the finite practices of temporal religion.  Through revelation and GOD appearing in human form (the Incarnation) men may no longer make a righteous claim that their fear of GOD is “fear of the unknown.”  As with all human relationships, closeness to GOD, communication with sacred personhood, and intimacy with the Creator require continual displays of acceptance, humility, respect, trust, and truth.  Even though the living had their beginning in GOD before the creation of Adam and Eve, each person must come to GOD willingly, at their own pace, and in accordance with their own unique spirit content.  The living do not start out having sacred perfection, and must be prepared to interact with Deity in regular ways.  Thus, the operations of GOD for mankind through Jesus Christ are to establish permanent relationships with the divine fullness through discovery, edification, gradual growth, incarnation, inheritance, joining, judgment, oneness without sameness, revelation, unselfish service, sharing, enduring suffering, and embracing the everlasting victory over death.  A fighter in the “Yahoo! Answers” forum using the ID “Darren” (Level 1 with 4 points, a member since November 17, 2016) posted the following:


Is religion based in fear?

Religion isnt had. Believe what you want, I have no right over you. I'm just wondering if religion was created out of fear of the unknown.


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment:  because as he is, so are we in this world.  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:  because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.  We love him, because he first loved us.  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar:  for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?  And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.  (1st John 4:  15-21, King James Version, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Fear Of Divine Gifts? (03/04/2018); A Response For Survivors... (02/15/2018); We Begin Within GOD (02/06/2018); Accepting Christ, Accepting Change (10/20/2017); The Thought of Dying (08/15/2017); No Fear In Love? (05/17/2017); The Endtime and Fear? (01/14/2015); Why Believers Fear (09/09/2014); Freedom of Foul Speech? (09/10/2014)


“Darren”, Christians do not experience and practice “religion” so much as they acknowledge various possibilities for relationship with a living Deity who is the cause and origin for everything that exists, and who has imparted his own life essence (breath, spirit, Word) to all living.  Rather than speak of the Creator and Maker of the universe as an abstraction, an object in the natural world that may be manipulated, or an ordinary person who has extra ordinary ability and power, Christians respond to actions, proclamations, and promises provided from the beginnings of mankind to the present that are intended to make divinity knowable, known, accessible, and approachable.

GOD remains immortal and invisible, yet, has taught mankind how to recognize divinity as an active presence. Where divine fullness (we say, the GODhead; the Trinity; the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit) is revealed there are recognizable exchanges, operations, patterns, and purposes that appear repeatedly.  In addition to responses to mankind made through the mechanical, natural process for living on the earth (e.g., birth, reproduction, seasons, weather) along with the frameworks of time and space, GOD enters into covenants of promise, adoption, friendships, marriage, and other intimate relationships with the living who willingly commit themselves through communication (e.g., praise, prayer, preaching), obedience of divine law, and unselfish service.

For a lasting relationship with mortals (those who will eventually die) GOD must provide inseparable aspects of his own Spirit that make a man or woman more “compatible” with GOD.  Along with divine lovingkindness, those who are “born again” are supplied with forgiveness, faith, holiness, longsuffering, wisdom, and wrath against sin.  Relationships with divinity are intended to reinforce and support mankind through the life process we create on the earth; and so there will continue to be life challenges, “growing pains,” and suffering.  Even so, faith and other aspects of divine spirit does not generate or allow emotions of anger, fear, and hatred to continue.  The process of GOD is one of revealing and sharing, where things unknown can be met with balance, holy boldness, discipline, joy, maturity, and trust.  Consider again the following that uses language from the Bible:

(1.)  Psalms 23:  1-6, King James Version (KJV):  1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.  2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:  he leadeth me beside the still waters.  3 He restoreth my soul:  he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.  4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:  for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.  5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:  thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.  6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:  and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

(2.)  Isaiah 43:  1-3, KJV:  1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not:  for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.  2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:  when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.  3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:  I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

(3.)  Psalms 27:  1-6, KJV:  1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?  2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.  3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear:  though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.  4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.  5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion:  in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.  6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me:  therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

There is far more to be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (4.)  Revelation 3:  20-21, KJV:  20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:  if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.  21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.



THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment