Thursday, July 30, 2015

(07/30/2015) Sight to the Blind?

Today, Scripture points are shared to clarify teachings on physical and spiritual blindness, darkness, and ignorance.  A writer using the ID “Breakthrough” at “Yahoo! Answers” (Level 6 with 11,933 points, a member since June 29, 2013) posted the following:


Why did Jesus say this?

I came that those who are blind may see and those who see may become blind.


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  O generation, see ye the word of the LORD. Have I been a wilderness unto Israel? a land of darkness? wherefore say my people, We are lords; we will come no more unto thee?  Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? yet my people have forgotten me days without number.  Why trimmest thou thy way to seek love? therefore hast thou also taught the wicked ones thy ways.  Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents:  I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these.  Yet thou sayest, Because I am innocent, surely his anger shall turn from me. Behold, I will plead with thee, because thou sayest, I have not sinned.  (Jeremiah 2:  31-35, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Christ the Son of David? (06/12/2015); Living In The Light? (01/18/2015); By Inspiration of GOD (10/27/2013); Night Cometh (06/11/2013); Missing Information? (06/12/2013)


“Breakthrough”, for Christian believers blindness is more than a condition of the flesh wherein one is unable to see correctly using their physical organs for sight (i.e., their eyes).  Blindness is a condition describing the spirit content within created beings and living creatures whereby life experience and continued existence become characterized as darkness, ignorance, and lack of complete and correct sacred knowledge.  Those labeled as “blind” are those lacking faith, humility and meekness (readiness and willingness to be taught by GOD).  By their spiritual condition, the blind are separated from those who are sanctified (we say, set apart for holy service), and are unable to distinguish or identify authentic love, prophecy, revelation, and visitation.  Jesus Christ used healing the blind to demonstrate his power over operations within the natural world and his authority to forgive sin as well as to provide correction, mercy and salvation in judgment.  Here are a few points to consider that are provided by divinity through the holy writings, and relied upon by Christian believers:

(1.)  1st John 1:  5-7, King James Version (KJV):  5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.  6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:  7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

(2.)  1st John 2:  10-11, KJV:  10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.  11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

(3.)  Isaiah 42:  6-8, KJV:  6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;  7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.  8 I am the LORD:  that is my name:  and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

(4.)  Leviticus 5:  14-17, KJV:  14 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,  15 If a soul commit a trespass, and sin through ignorance, in the holy things of the LORD; then he shall bring for his trespass unto the LORD a ram without blemish out of the flocks, with thy estimation by shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary, for a trespass offering.  16 And he shall make amends for the harm that he hath done in the holy thing, and shall add the fifth part thereto, and give it unto the priest:  and the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering, and it shall be forgiven him.  17 And if a soul sin, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; though he wist it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity.

(5.)  John 8:  12-16, KJV:  12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:  he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.  13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.  14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true:  for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.  15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.  16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true:  for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

(6.)  2nd Corinthians 4:  3-5, KJV:  3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:  4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.  5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.

There is much more that could be said, and that must be correctly understood and spiritually taken into account.  (For example, (7.)  John 9:  39-41, KJV:  39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.  40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?  41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin:  but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.)  Even so, I trust this small collection of verses will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.

THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment