Sunday, July 12, 2015

(07/12/2015) There Must Be Permanent Change

Repentance and the divine operations for eternal life are in view, today.  Mankind is unable to escape the power of sin simply by feeling embarrassment, guilt, intellect, logic, or shame.  Emotions and feelings are not enough.  Both sacred knowledge, and a divine will must be present and active.  The fighter at “Yahoo! Answers” using the ID “God’s Truth” (Level with , a member since August 07, 2011) posted the following:


Why is repent such a neglected word on Yahoo Answers?


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  For we know that the law is spiritual:  but I am carnal, sold under sin.  For that which I do I allow not:  for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:  for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.  For the good that I would I do not:  but the evil which I would not, that I do.  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  (Romans 7:  14-23, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Becoming Ripe for Harvest? (07/03/2015); Sinless Until Advent? (11/05/2014); Holy Wars? (11/06/2014); A Fallen Nature? (09/01/2014) (09/01/2014); In the Likeness of His Resurrection (09/02/2014); Inseparables? (07/15/2014);  On Christians Being Inclusive? (07/16/2014)


“God’s Truth”, because many despise the holy writings, and are not careful to rely upon the Scriptures as an important source for sacred knowledge, even those among Christian believers often can not apprehend and realize the peculiar patterns and processes that set believers apart as prepared and sanctified to continue in relationship with GOD, our Creator and Savior.  Included are atonement, confession, forbearance, forgiveness, incarnation, prayer, rebirth, repentance, resurrection, and revelation.  [Matthew 4:  4 King James Version (KJV):  4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.]  Rightly understood, to repent is more than an act of the flesh and the mind (we say, intellect).  Repentance is an altering of actions, attitudes, behavior and conduct that result by a change in ones fundamental makeup.  Because one embraces things otherwise contrary to their nature, to repent requires multiple divine operations as in baptism and communion that redirect, reconfigure and reorient ones spiritual content to again be responsive exclusively to Deity.  Here are a few points to consider:

(1.)  There must be permanent change in ones response to divine law (i.e., believers must continually obey).  The transgression of the law is sin.  The righteousness (we say, spirit) of the law is to be maintained, not simply its letter.  Romans 7:  12-13, KJV:  12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.  13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

(2.)  There must be permanent change in what you will.  Sin is a non-material, non-spirit influence that may operate upon awareness and self-will in created beings and living creatures.  Things imagined and preconceived within ones consciousness appear as action and effect through the will.  Thus, the Apostle Paul laments, Romans 7:  24-25, KJV:  24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

(3.)  There must be permanent change in what you do.   Romans 6:  4-6, KJV:  4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:  that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.  5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:  6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

(4.)  There must be permanent change in what you are.  2nd Corinthians 5:  17, KJV:  17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:  old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

There is far more to be said, correctly understood, and spiritually taken into account.  (For example, (5.)  1st Corinthians 15:  53, KJV:  53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.

THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment