Thursday, May 7, 2015

(05/07/2015) Approaching Mothers Day

Points on maternal authority, incarnation, adult independence, and spiritual growth are shared, today.  As we approach the observance of Mothers Day 2015, many mothers and their children are seeking to maintain a peculiar balance in awkward situations where they live having one foot in the Kingdom of GOD, and the other in the world (i.e., the man-made system for human exchange, interaction, and survival).  While a mother’s sacred commitment may be full and wholehearted, her progress to perfection may be marked by contradictions, lapses, omissions, and reversals.  Instead of being seen as caretakers, many are forced by the character and continuing needs of their child to being seen as bullies, fault-finders, hypocrites, megalomaniacs, nags, nitpickers, oppressors, and persecutors.  Just as young people go off to school seeking to acquire the knowledge that will fit them to various professions, they also must have experiences of growth and learning that provide sacred knowledge and the divine revelation that permits relationship with Deity.  A writer at “Yahoo! Answers” using the ID “Duke” (Level 1 with 39 points, a member since March 15, 2014) posted the following:


My mother. Help?

My mom is Christian. Obsessed with church, everything in her life is all about Jesus. I don't mind, as long as she's happy with her belief, then I'll love her til death. I'll even support the church with donations and such to show her my appreciation for her.
I'm not a Christian; I'm an agnostic. That said, I don't go to church. But she wants me to go to church, and if I don't, then she'll yell at me; scold me for not going; shame me for being a lazy, stupid, worthless little *****. It's all about her feelings, not her children's. Yet I feel like she's the only person that I'm close to and can't lose. I'm a college senior, about to graduate. I want to move out from her, yet she's manipulating and forcefully telling me that I have no other option other than to live under the same roof with the family. Sounds like the worst mom, huh? Well, she's also the best. She is extremely caring as a mother... too caring.. she does my laundry, cooks food for me all the time, cleans my room, clips my nails, tells me what to do and what not to do... holy ****, mom.. I'm a ******* 23-year old adult! Stop treating me like a child.



THE GOLDEN ARROW:  While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.  Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.  (Matthew 12:  48-50, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Babies Given A Second Life? (01/25/2015); Partially Baptized? (01/22/2015); Family and Beliefs of Children? (08/29/2014); Stories Repeated in the Bible? (08/30/2014); When Children Embrace Church? (08/18/2014); Condemned by the Church? (08/19/2014); Why the Gospel for Our Children (05/13/2014); Changing Times and Laws? (05/14/2014); Never Taught It? (10/13/2013); Without Pointing A Finger? (10/14/2013); Outgrowing Childhood Prayers? (04/07/2013)


“Duke”, as we approach the annual Mothers Day, stay on guard.  Godly persons, and those who respect or truly care for you, will refuse to criticize, or put down your mother.  Here are some points you might consider that are useful to many Christian believers:

(1.)  Often, to truly place the most correct value upon their  relationship with their own mother—and with divinity—a person must “see with new eyes.”  One must learn and take on new understandings (we say, must be born again and acquire sacred knowledge) that permits one to embrace more than their finite, carnal (i.e., determined by our form as being flesh and blood), emotional, secular, and social makeup.  He or she will have to acknowledge that they are yet a baby and in ignorance of their own spiritual content with its transcendent potential, power and purpose.

(2.)   Rightly understood, the mother is our first teacher.  She is not always the best, the only, or the last guide that humans are granted from GOD.  However, the mother introduces all the primary principles and processes for her child’s continuing independent existence and experience of life and death.  Included are natural affection, comfort, communication, correction, dutifulness, health, hygiene, encouragement, nourishment, praise, respect, sacrifice, sentiment, suffering, and trust.

(3.)  The fullness of divinity (we say, the GODhead) has appeared incarnate upon the earth visible as the person of Jesus Christ.  Having endowments from the Father, and functioning by operations of the same Spirit that resided in Jesus, believers such as your mother also serve as vessels of divine love, eternal purpose, wisdom, and wrath against sin.  You may say, you have seen the Father, once you have seen the Son, and once you truly have seen that they exist and operate within your mother.

There is far more to be said, correctly understood, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (4.)  In the holy writings, Jesus often appears to counsel that believers maintain distance from their own mother and siblings.  This is not due to indifference, or the operations of sin that repeatedly destroy families and their homes.  The effectiveness of ministry to release created beings and living creatures from sin varies according to the degree of ones exclusive devotion to divinity.  The “home wreckers” are not sacred commitment, devotion, prayer, servitude, single-mindedness, or unselfish resolve.  Rather, the evil against our bonds for sharing life are wrought through such elements as arrogance, carelessness, consumerism, covetousness, deceit, dishonesty, envy, idolatry, malice, possessiveness, pride, pseudo-intellectualism, self-promotion and violence.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your mother’s faith and spiritual maturity.

THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment