Saturday, January 11, 2014

(01/11/2014) Able to Become Gods?

The idea that humans somehow can become “gods” is examined, today.  A writer at “Yahoo! Answers Singapore” using the ID “Bonnie” (Level 1 with 181 points, a member since 07 January 2014) posted the following first asked on Yahoo Answers United States:


If Jesus claimed to be God and Jesus was a regular guy, wouldn't that make us God too?

Makes sense doesn't it??


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.  I and my Father are one.  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.  Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.   Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?  If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;  Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?  If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.  But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works:  that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.  Therefore they sought again to take him:  but he escaped out of their hand,  (John 10:  27-39, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  The Image of GOD? (10/10/2013); Embodied Afterlife? (10/11/2013); GOD is Acknowledging (09/30/2013); The Power of Death? (10/01/2013); A Relationship not Just Knowledge? (06/25/2013); Acknowledging Divinity? (03/30/2013); Spirit Matter (10/21/2012); Caesarea Philippi (10/22/2012)


“Bonnie”, there are several things recorded in the Bible that suggest that ordinary men and women actually may become divine beings.  For example, look at 1st Peter 1:  15-16, NIV:  But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”  Psalms 82:  6, KJV has:  I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.  (However, Christian believers are cautioned by verse 7 to be careful and thorough in all study of the holy writings:  But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.  Psalms 82:  7, KJV.)

The many “ingredients” that would make one divine go beyond existing (as do rocks, cell phones, and vacuum cleaners), or merely being alive (as are cattle, serpents, trees and vermin).  In the world to come that is described in the Scriptures, mankind will be immortal and incorruptible (see 1st Corinthians 15:  50-57 and Revelation 22:  1-5, KJV).  Separation from GOD and Christ by frameworks of time and space will be ended; and all sin removed.  Even so, GOD will continue as Exalted, as Potentate, and as Supreme.

GOD is a spirit.  So long as mankind continues in flesh and bone, and abides mortal upon the earth, there can be only a finite accomplishment of divine being for any human.  The endowment from GOD bestowed upon mankind at Creation permits expression of both an animal and divine nature.  Through the ministries of Jesus Christ upon the earth and from the heaven, mankind receives a fresh endowment of divine content (see 2nd Peter 1:  4, KJV).  In addition to being, holiness, immortality, incorruption and person, believers receive such inseparable aspects of GOD as faith, forbearance, gratitude, joy, longsuffering, love, righteousness, truthfulness, wisdom, and wrath against sin.

There is far more to be said, properly shared, and spiritually understood.  (For example, humans are “the offspring” of GOD as the product of multiple divine operations, sacred events, and eternal purposes.  We speak of ourselves, then, as sons and daughters, the children of GOD, and those having place among the eternal living by the direct action and provision of GOD.  However, in humility (and not as those in ignorance or malice will say), believers do not claim to be equals, peers or some match to GOD.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.


Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:  but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.  (1st John 3:  2, KJV)


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment