Friday, June 28, 2013

(06/28/2013) Our Present Comfort?

     Bereavement, Jesus raising the dead, and Scripture readings for funerals are topics, today, along with more on judgment.  A “Yahoo! Answers” writer using the ID “Donkey Girl” (Level 5 with 8,513 points, a member since October 28, 2010) posted the following:


Inappropriate reading at funeral?

I went to a funeral recently and the vicar quoted a passage from the Bible where Jesus sees a mother weeping over her son who has died. Jesus tells the boy to get up and his mother is very joyful as he’s returned to life. The vicar said that Jesus did this because the boy obviously meant a lot to his mother.

I think this is completely inappropriate at a funeral. So Jesus saw fit to resurrect this boy, but presumably doesn’t care enough about the guy whose funeral I was at nor the suffering of his wife weeping in the front pew to resurrect him.

None of the believers at the funeral seemed to think anything of it. Are Christians so blinded by their faith that they just listen to the words and don’t think about their meaning any more?


THE BATTLE AXE:  When Does Judgment Begin? (06/27/2013)—The current, ongoing judgment focuses upon believers, and therefore, employs criteria and standards that relate to identifying divine purpose, sacred operations, and eternal substance.  Included are admonition, chastisement, correction, council, instruction, punishment, rebuke, and warning (see Job 5:  17-19, Hebrews 12:  4-6 and Luke 12:  42-48, KJV).  At the Advent, or Second Coming of Jesus, there will be two classes of believers in existence that supply those who are lifted up to meet the Lord in the air:  (1) the quick (those still alive, who have not finished mortal life, and (2) the dead.  Both these classes of believer will have already satisfied the demands of judgment such that they are included in what is called “the harvest,” “the reaping,” and “the Rapture.”  Those taken up are not yet granted rest from all labors, for they must complete preparations for, serve in, and bear witness to the judgment of the wicked.  Also, there must be the assignment of duties and the distribution of homes within the New Jerusalem as well as upon the new earth that is to be overspread by immortal, incorruptible beings.  See Matthew 5:  20-29, 2nd Timothy 4:  1-5, 1st Thessalonians 4:  13-18 and Revelation 21:  1-8, King James Version.


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  If ye love me, keep my commandments.  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.  I will not leave you comfortless:  I will come to you.  Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me:  because I live, ye shall live also.  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.  Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words:  and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings:  and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.  These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:  not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  (John 14:  15-26, King James Version)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  The End of Pain? (06/10/2013); Faith for Facing Tragedy? (06/04/2013); Scripture at Funerals (04/30/2013); Why Jesus Authored No Books (05/01/2013); Magical Resurrection? (03/20/2013); Eat His Body, Drink His Blood (03/21/2013); Holy Comfort? (11/26/2010); Statistics? (11/27/2010)


     “Donkey Girl,” here are some important points shared among Christian believers that may further your spiritual insight:

(1)  Surrounded by two crowds at the entering of the city, Jesus publicly responded to the widow at Nain whose son was her sole source of income and emotional support.  The Savior was moved by compassion, empathy, and the recognition that his own mother would be bereaved and devastated, soon.  At the pleadings of a father and leader of the synagogue (Jairus), Jesus had restored a dead maiden; however, this had been done in private, before no more than six witnesses.  In both these instances, the dead were raised before burial; and so, on surface, they may appear less significant than the raising of Lazarus, who was in the tomb several days.

(2)  Jesus was not commanded by GOD to raise the widow’s son, at that time.  His doing so, therefore, was a prophetic demonstration (actions instead of words) to forewarn and prepare his disciples for a faith-staggering revelation of his divine authority, discretion, and sacred prerogative:  That Messiah would soon die upon the cross, and would reappear following his resurrection from death.

(3)  The sacred processes of GOD for mankind make use of such elements as birth, death, family, marriage, parenting and revival of the dead.  However, consciousness of GOD can be established only through the inseparable aspects of divine person.  GOD is a spirit, and may only be realized using imparted spirit matter that makes up divinity.  Included are faith, holiness, joy, longsuffering, love, righteousness, wisdom, and wrath against sin.

     There is no simple explanation, or abbreviated way to clarify the many profound truths of judgment, prophecy, resurrection and sanctification.  There is far more to be said, correctly applied, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example,  (4)  Presently, mature Christian believers are to answer death and bereavement through the promises of GOD, instead of through marvels, miracles, and raising the dead.  The comfort, edification and exhortation from GOD that are prophecy do not center upon the carnal, material and social events that routinely challenge believers.  Multiple ongoing sacred operations are in place transforming all Creation, and every aspect of existence.  Once the “second death” is completed, mortality will no longer exist; and mankind will be immortal and incorruptible.)   Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment