Friday, August 30, 2019

(08/30/2019) Scriptures On Bad Associations

One bad apple - 1st Corinthians 15: 33, King James Version (KJV): 33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.



Today, reply is on the guidance shared in the holy writings that address those who belong to divinity choosing their companions, close friends, and those they will trust with secrets. It is written: Psalms 101: 1-8, King James Version (KJV): 1 I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing. 2 I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. 3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. 4 A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. 5 Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer. 6 Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me. 7 He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight. 8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD. A fighter in the “Yahoo! Answers” public forum on Religion and Spirituality who uses the ID “Tracy” (Level 2 with 562 points, a member since April 08, 2015) posted the following:



What does the Bible say about bad association?



THE GOLDEN ARROW: LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved. (Psalms 15: 1-8, King James Version, KJV)



THE DOUBLE DAGGER: Counsels On Shunning Sinners (05/03/2019); Known By Spiritual Fruit (03/06/2019); Ungodly Pride Is Sin (01/08/2019); By Reading The Bible? (11/18/2018); Be Not Unequally Yoked (04/16/2018); What Young People Need? (06/26/2017); Fellowship With the Father (06/13/2017)



Tracy”, advice and counsel to developing Christian believers center on forming fruitful and healthy relationships by making godly choices and decisions. As the offspring of GOD and joint heirs with Jesus Christ, believers are to discern and respond to the spirit substance imparted from GOD that will appear within events, within oneself, and within others. Consider again the following guidance that is shared in the holy writings:

1. Proverbs 22: 24-25, KJV: 24 Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: 25 Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.

2. 2nd Corinthians 6: 14-17, KJV: 14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

3. Proverbs 1: 10-19, KJV: 10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. 11 If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause: 12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit: 13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil: 14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse: 15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path: 16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood. 17 Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird. 18 And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives. 19 So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.

4. Ezekiel 16: 49-50, KJV: 49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

5. Galatians 5: 19-26, KJV: 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christs have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended. (For example, 6. John 10: 9-11, KJV: 9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.) Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful. Be it unto you according to your faith.


Image downloaded @ 7:56 PM, August 29, 2019 @ https://cdn.newcreeations.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/BadApple.jpg


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment