Sunday, September 9, 2018

(09/09/2018) Jesus Was Not Unprotected

This photo depicts the mob of Temple priests, guards, and Roman soldiers who came to arrest Jesus.



Today, the reply speaks to the error that the death of Jesus Christ on the cross resulted from a failure of the Father to protect the Son. One of the fighters in the “Yahoo! Answers” Religion and Spirituality forum using the ID “Anonymous” (no profile information appears) posted the following:



God accepted the killing of his own son - does that make him a bad God because he did not protect Jesus?



THE GOLDEN ARROW: Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be? (Matthew 26: 52-54, King James Version, KJV)




THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  The Elimination of Death? (05/13/2018); The Child Of Prophecy (04/15/2018); Yes, Jesus Did Die (04/01/2018); The Most Important Thing (12/28/2017); The Resurrection of Jesus Acknowledged? (04/03/2015); Jesus Arose Bodily (12/24/2013); Thanking and Blaming GOD (12/25/2013); By Inspiration of GOD (10/27/2013)




Anonymous”, mature Christians acknowledge that the crucifixion was by no means an accident; did not result from divine weakness in the Father or the Son; was not a surprise to GOD the Father or to Jesus; and, with the resurrection, was no unexpected event among Jewish believers who correctly understood the teachings of prophecy that appear throughout the holy writings. The death and resurrection of Jesus are correctly understood as a fulfillment of multiple divine plans established before the founding of heaven and earth that all express the oneness without sameness, personhood, eternal purpose, and the immutable, sovereign will of divine fullness (we say, the GODhead; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit). By divinity using human form to appear as Jesus Christ in the earth (we say, Incarnation), the revelation of GOD is taken to greater heights. Through revelation the character and substance of invisible, unseen divinity becomes knowable, known, accessible and approachable to created beings and living creatures. Otherwise unrealized truths are made plain that include divine forbearance, forgiveness, mercy, righteousness, eternal life, and the second death. Some become confused and err because Jesus must speak both as Son of Man and Son of GOD; even so, consider again the following that uses language from the Bible:

(1.) Acts 2: 22-24, King James Version (KJV): 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

(2.) Luke 24: 25-34, KJV: 25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. 28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further. 29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them. 30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. 31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight. 32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures? 33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them, 34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.

(3.) John 10: 7-14, KJV: 7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

(4.) John 8: 23-32, KJV: 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. 27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. 30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended. (For example, (5.) John 10: 15-18, KJV: 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. 17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.) Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful. Be it unto you according to your faith.



THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC


No comments:

Post a Comment