Thursday, October 27, 2016

(10/27/2016) Become Like Jesus Christ?




Last-Supper-Dali.jpg
Salvador Dali, THE SACRAMENT OF THE LORD’S SUPPER (1955) 

Today, a reply is shared that followers of Jesus becoming Christ-like is more necessary than their simply believing, belonging, and behaving like church members.  Readers are encouraged to hear Your Best Destiny (Parts 1 and 2) from Seventh Day Adventist Pastor Wintley Phipps delivered before the Toronto East SDA Church November 14, 2015, and available at YouTube.com:
A fighter at “Yahoo! Answers (Philippines)” using the ID “Anonymous” (no profile information shown) posted the following:

If Christianity is the one TRUE religion, why does it require FAITH in order to believe in it?
Anything that's FAITH based doesn't have solid PROOF that it is real.. If that were the case then you wouldn't need faith to believe in it. its like playing the lottery.. You try to have FAITH that you're going to win.. But just because you have FAITH that you'll win, doesn't mean that you will win.. You're just hoping that you'll win the same way you're just hoping your religion is the only eight religion....
You CANT prove that Christianity is true, the same way Atheists CANT prove that it isn't true.. It could very well be true, and it could very well be false too.
Don't get me wrong, I KNOW there is a GOD, however I don't believe in religion. I personally believe God is the creating spiritual force and source in which we all are connected to and belong to, regardless of race, gender, or religion. We are all an extension of that creating force, therefore we are co-creators of life on earth and our history. Everything in life WE created together. Think about it.. Gay marriage wouldn't be possible if enough people didn't come together to make that a possibility.. So it was us that ultimately created that and allowed it to be a possibility in our country/universe.

THE GOLDEN ARROW:  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  Sanctify them through thy truth:  thy word is truth.  As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.  And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.  Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:  that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.  Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me:  for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.  O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee:  but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.  And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it:  that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.  (John 17:  16-26, KJV)

THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Good Christians and Church? (10/19/2016); How To Get Faith? (10/10/2016); Spirit Content From GOD? (09/26/2016); GOD Within Christian Believers (07/31/2016); Can A Church Not Be “Religious”? (07/27/2016); A Correct Church? (10/05/2015); Relationship With Our Creator? (03/16/2015)
 
“Anonymous”, sinners are to acquire attitudes, desires, and purposes from the heart and mind of Jesus Christ.  Initially becoming a follower of the Lord is an act of self-will directed to acquiring the character, nature, and substance of divinity as it may reside within flesh upon the earth.  Through baptism (death of ones inborn sprit, rebirth from divine DNA, so to speak) sinners become a new creation of GOD, and increasingly operate directed by the same divine will that exists within Jesus Christ, who continues to minister among mankind from heaven.  Born-again believers must gradually grow, learn, and become ripe for harvest by the Lord at his coming (we say, the Advent, the Rapture, the Second Coming) when their transformation to be companions to divinity will be completed as they meet him in the air.  Sinners are challenged to do more than simply, believe doctrines, preaching, promises, and prophecies; belong to (i.e., have membership in) an assembly, congregation, community of faith, or church family; and behave conforming to customs, patterns, standards, and traditions.  True believers are to become like Jesus, and display the inseparable aspects of divine makeup shared by both the Son and the Father that include faith, gratitude, holiness, joy, longsuffering, love, meekness, respect, truthfulness, wisdom, and wrath against sin.  Consider again how this is stated using divine law and language from the holy writings:
(1.)  Leviticus 11:  42-45, King James Version (KJV):  42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.  43 Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.  44 For I am the LORD your God:  ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy:  neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.  45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God:  ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
(2.)  Leviticus 19:  1-3, KJV:  1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,  2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy:  for I the LORD your God am holy.  3 Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths:  I am the LORD your God. 
(3.)  Titus 2:  11-14, KJV:  11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,  12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;  13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;  14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
There is far more to be said, correctly applied, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (4.)  1st Peter 1:  13-16, KJV:  13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;  14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:  15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;  16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.
THE BLACK PHOENIX 
Washington, DC
Merchandise-Disclaimer.png

No comments:

Post a Comment