Monday, May 9, 2016

(05/09/2016) Two Signs of Covenant

Christ dying upon the cross, and the rainbow given to comfort and encourage Noah following the flood are in view, today.  Mature Christian believers are continuing to trust that, through operations of the Holy Spirit, blood, correction, and truth from the cross are flowing to here and now.  The fighter at “Yahoo! Answers” using the ID “Royal” (Level 1 with 6 points, a member since December 30, 2014) posted the following:
Who created the rainbow?
All my friends say the leprechauns did but i dont believe them
THE GOLDEN ARROW:  And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite:  and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.  And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.  And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.  And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites:  have not I sent thee?  And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.  And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man.  And he said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, then shew me a sign that thou talkest with me.  Depart not hence, I pray thee, until I come unto thee, and bring forth my present, and set it before thee. And he said, I will tarry until thou come again.  And Gideon went in, and made ready a kid, and unleavened cakes of an ephah of flour:  the flesh he put in a basket, and he put the broth in a pot, and brought it out unto him under the oak, and presented it.  And the angel of God said unto him, Take the flesh and the unleavened cakes, and lay them upon this rock, and pour out the broth. And he did so.  Then the angel of the LORD put forth the end of the staff that was in his hand, and touched the flesh and the unleavened cakes; and there rose up fire out of the rock, and consumed the flesh and the unleavened cakes. Then the angel of the LORD departed out of his sight.  And when Gideon perceived that he was an angel of the LORD, Gideon said, Alas, O Lord GOD! for because I have seen an angel of the LORD face to face.  (Judges 6:  11-22, KJV)
THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  The Forms of Prophecy? (04/26/2016); Sign of Divine Love? (04/14/2016); ...Ears That Hear Not? (01/18/2016); Why Did Jesus Heal? (02/03/2015); Prophetic Demonstrations (09/06/2013);  Why GOD Prayed to GOD (09/07/2013); A Relationship not Just Knowledge? (06/25/2013); Lost Without GOD? (06/26/2013)
“Royal”, mature Christian believers trust that the Creator has been in an ongoing relationship with the created from the beginning of the earth, and uses many devices to communicate, interact and share with the living.  Included are covenant agreements, sacred events (we say, miracles), divine law, proclamations, promises, prophecy, and sacred spokespersons (we say, apostles, messengers, prophets).  In the same way, Jesus dying upon the cross is a “prophetic demonstration” (i.e., a visible, not just an audible or oral,  display to declare eternal purposes and divine intent), what we call a “rainbow” is also a “sign” (i.e., a show of divine authority and power that appears in the natural world as evidence that a promise or prophetic statement actually is from GOD, and will definitely be carried out or performed—no matter how long it may take, and whatever the divine “cost”, so to speak).  The rainbow, said to be upon GOD’s shoulders, indicates the active presence of divinity; and that, despite judgment and punishment as seen with Noah and the flood, mankind will not be abandoned, or destroyed “out of hand.”  The cross is the sign of the “new testament in the blood of Jesus,” and signifies that atonement, forgiveness, and mercy in judgment absolutely will be granted those who embrace Christ through his resurrection, and their own rebirth.  Consider how this is stated using language from the holy writings:
(1.)  Genesis 9:  12-16, KJV:  12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:  13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.  14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:  14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:  15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.  16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
(2.)   Revelation 4:  1-5, KJV:  1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven:  and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.  2 And immediately I was in the spirit:  and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.  3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone:  and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.  4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats:  and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.  5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices:  and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
(3.)  Isaiah 7:  14, KJV:  14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
There is far more to be said, understood, and spiritually taken in.  (For example, (4.)  1st Corinthians 11:  23-29, KJV:  23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:  24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat:  this is my body, which is broken for you:  this do in remembrance of me.  25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood:  this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.  26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.  27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.  28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.  29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.
THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC
New Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment