Tuesday, May 17, 2016

(05/17/2016) Discernment and Common Sense

Points are shared, today, on recognizing Jesus Christ as a physical person, and a spirit person.  Even from before the time of his birth, for anyone to correctly recognize who Jesus is there must be operations of the Holy Spirit, including being touched by blood, correction, and truth from the cross.  One of the many fighters at “Yahoo! Answers” using the ID “Anonymous” (no profile information shared) posted the following:
 
Luke 24:39 Look at My hands and My feet. It is I Myself. Touch Me and see--for a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."?
Does this mean that Jesus did not die, if we read it using common sense?
 
THE GOLDEN ARROW:  And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast:  The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.  Philip cometh and telleth Andrew:  and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.  And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.  Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone:  but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.  He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.  If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be:  if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.  Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour:  but for this cause came I unto this hour.  Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.  The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered:  others said, An angel spake to him.  Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.  (John 12:  20-30, KJV)
 
THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  The Cross and Resurrection Sunday? (03/16/2016); Seeing Jesus While Alive? (02/05/2016); In The Image of Man (05/04/2016); The Only Physical Being in Heaven? (06/17/2015); Death, Forgiveness, Sin and Spirit? (05/28/2015); The Image of GOD? (10/10/2013); Embodied Afterlife? (10/11/2013)
 
“Anonymous”, correctly recognizing Jesus Christ requires discernment (the ability to use ones own spirit content to distinguish and connect to spirit substance from divinity that appears in actions, events, other persons, purposes, statements, etc.), a spiritual gift that must be provided by GOD.  Both before and following his crucifixion, burial, and resurrection, only those closely associated with Jesus of Nazareth had the ability to recognize him in a crowd.  Jesus was plain looking with no outstanding physical features that set him apart (we say, he was nondescript).  He did not continually “glow” from glory as Moses did at one time following his communion with GOD in the mountains.  Surrounded by the twelve apostles and an ever-increasing multitude of disciples, the Lord became “impressive” only when he acted and spoke in the authority and power of his priesthood.  For this reason, someone who could betray him was sought, one of his close followers, who could approach him, even give him a kiss, and identify him in the darkness of night.  In the same way Mary mistook Jesus to be a stranger (the gardener) at the tomb, and those on the road to Emmaus could not recognize the Lord until he broke bread and offered thanks to the Father, the Resurrected One is not recognized among us today by those relying upon “common sense.”  To “recognize” the Lord and those sent as his ambassadors, believers must apply their own faith and sacred knowledge as well as their experiences through fellowship and ongoing practice of the sacraments.  Consider again the following:
(1.)  Matthew 14:  23-27, King James Version (KJV):  23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.  24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves:  for the wind was contrary. 25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.  26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.  27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
(2.)  Jeremiah 29:  11-13, KJV:  11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.  13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
(3.)  Acts 7:  54-56, KJV:  54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.  55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,  56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
There is far more to be said, understood, and spiritually taken in.  (For example, (4.)  Revelation 1:  13-18, KJV:  13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.  14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;  15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.  16 And he had in his right hand seven stars:  and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword:  and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.  17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:  18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.
THE BLACK PHOENIX 
Washington, DC
New Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment