Tuesday, February 23, 2016

(02/23/2016) The Cross Must Occur?

Focus, today, is upon divine revelation, sacrifice, salvation, his completion of mortality, and choosing to “save” the life of Jesus.  The regular transition from day to night with its massive realignment of planets and stars is a cosmic event that moves the entire universe, yet, occurs quietly and without upheaval.  Similarly, the divine operations to establish salvation for mankind—along with the transformation of humanity to exist as eternal companion to Jesus Christ—quietly occurs at a level that involves all the forces of existence throughout time, space, and all the spheres of life.  Even so, the cross must depict the tragic depths of human loss through sin and transgression of divine law.  The agony, cruelty, and self-destructiveness that become a continuing condition for the living may only be changed and permanently altered through the active presence of divinity made visible in dutifulness, humility, obedience, and suffering.  Consider the following Scriptures and the presentation below:
Luke 23:  39-43, King James Version (KJV):  39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.  40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?  41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds:  but this man hath done nothing amiss.  42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.  43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Luke 24:  25-27, KJV:  25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:  26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?  27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
Luke 24:  44-48, KJV:  44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.  45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,  46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:  47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.  48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
1st Peter 3:  18, KJV:  18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
A writer at “Yahoo! Answers” using the ID “Dantintac” (Level 6 with 14,724 points, a member since October 05, 2010) posted the following:
 
Christians--if you could save Jesus' life, would you do so?
Let's suppose you were back in Palestine roughly 2000 years ago. You find out Jesus is about to be crucified. But you have the means to save him and keep him from being crucified. But there's a catch. If you save him, then salvation is gone for everyone. So do you save him? Or stand back and let him die?
I've asked similar questions before but got only a few answers. Let's see what people say this time.
 
THE GOLDEN ARROW:  Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he:  hold him fast.  And forthwith he came to Jesus, and said, Hail, master; and kissed him.  And Jesus said unto him, Friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus and took him.  And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest’s, and smote off his ear.  Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place:  for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.  Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?  But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?  In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.  But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.  (Matthew 26:  48-56, KJV)
 
THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  The Only One Sent? (02/19/2016); The Scale of Salvation? (12/13/2015); Messiah and the Unthinkable? (09/25/2015); Saved by His Death? (05/13/2015); Gall Refused on the Cross? (03/20/2015); The Agony of Death? (03/22/2015); The Passion at Gethsemane (03/28/2013); Separated and Sealed? (03/29/2013)
 
“Dantintac”, through operations of the Holy Spirit, blood and truth from the cross are flowing despite time and space to here and now.  A person’s desire to intervene, or cancel the death of Jesus upon the cross does not derive from sacred knowledge, from a correct understanding of the many divine operations to benefit mankind (e.g., atonement, forgiveness, Incarnation, longsuffering, rebirth, repentance, revelation, sanctification), or from awareness of eternal purposes.  Hidden and unseen aspects of our character and personality that are finite, temporal (we say, brief, fleeting, that do not endure) and driven by features of the flesh (e.g., appetite, emotion, imagination, intellect, logic) are dominant, rather than the indwelling Spirit imparted from GOD.  Mature Christians generally agree that the appearance of divinity as Jesus Christ is crucial to preserving and recovering Creation from the operations of sin, and must occur within the frameworks of time and space to make divinity correctly known (we say, for the full revelation of GOD).
GOD is a spirit, yet, communicates and interacts with created beings and living creatures, who exist as carnal, material, and social entities.  Divine spirit can only be known through discernment and realization wherein ones own spirit content from GOD is applied to affirm and recognize oneness and unity without sameness.  The events at the cross occurred after thousands of years of preparation, wherein GOD used thousands of devices to make mankind aware of his invisible presence.  Included were angels, covenants, judgments, kings, sacred law, nations, patriarchs, promises, prophets, spokespersons, and the holy writings.  Only by passing through death on behalf of mankind could Jesus establish the everlasting kingdom.  Consider again how this is stated in the language of the Bible:
(1.)  John 10:  17-18, King James Version (KJV):  17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.  18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
(2.)  John 12:  23-27, KJV:  23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.  24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone:  but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.  25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.  26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be:  if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.  27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour:  but for this cause came I unto this hour.
(3.)  John 18:  35-37, KJV:  35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me:  what hast thou done?  36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world:  if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews:  but now is my kingdom not from hence.  37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
(4.)  John 19:  10-12, KJV:  10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?  11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above:  therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.  12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him:  but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar’s friend:  whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.
There is far more to be said, understood, and spiritually apprehended.  (For example, (5.) 2nd Corinthians 7:  9-11, KJV:  9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance:  for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.  10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:   but the sorrow of the world worketh death.  11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.
THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC
New Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment