Sunday, June 28, 2015

(06/28/2015) Justified for Attacking The Bible?

Blasphemy, grace, divine prerogative, presumption, and the sin of self-justification to annul divine judgment are in view, today.  One of the fighters at “Yahoo! Answers” using the ID “Anonymous” and seeking distinction as “an unknown soldier,” posted the following:


How can mortal man speak out against the Bible and feel justified in doing so?


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:  Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.  The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.  I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.  And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other:  for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.  (Luke 18:  9-14, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  Correct in Only Your Mind? (05/04/2015); Justifying GOD? (03/15/2015); Bible and Spirit (04/26/2014); Personality? (04/27/2014); Words Spoken By GOD? (06/05/2013); Teachings on Judgment (06/06/2013); Wanting To Have Our Way (03/09/2013)


“Anonymous”, created beings and living creatures persist in error and sin that oppose the continued existence of divine law, divine order, and sacred knowledge on the basis of affiliation (e.g., family; fornication through sexual joining; peer pressure; the influence of significant others; strength in numbers); arrogance; ignorance; exaggerated pride; and lack of their own divine content (we say, new life by rebirth; sanctification; the imparted Spirit of GOD).  Only the Creator has provided justification for the entities, operations, and purposes emanated from Deity.  Included are such manifestations as atonement, confession, forgiveness, Incarnation, love, mercy, repentance, resurrection, sacrifice, salvation, wisdom, and wrath against sin.  Consider again:

(1.)  Psalms 119:  9-12, King James Version (KJV):  9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.  10 With my whole heart have I sought thee:  O let me not wander from thy commandments.  11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.  12 Blessed art thou, O LORD:  teach me thy statutes.

(2.)  Psalms 119:  98-104, KJV:  98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies:  for they are ever with me.  99 I have more understanding than all my teachers:  for thy testimonies are my meditation.  100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.  101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.  102 I have not departed from thy judgments:  for thou hast taught me.  103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!  104 Through thy precepts I get understanding:  therefore I hate every false way.

(3.)  1st Timothy 6:  3-5, KJV:  3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;  4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,  5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness:  from such withdraw thyself.

(4.)   Matthew 12:  36-37, KJV:  36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.  37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

(5.)  1st Corinthians 12:  3, KJV:  3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed:  and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

(6.)  2nd Timothy 2: 14-16, KJV:  14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.  15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.  16 But shun profane and vain babblings:  for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Even though we are given stern admonitions, we are correct to acknowledge, there is far more to be said, correctly understood, and spiritually taken into account.  (For example, (7.)  Romans 8:  28-30, KJV:  28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.  30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called:  and whom he called, them he also justified:  and whom he justified, them he also glorified.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith, sacred knowledge, and spiritual maturity.

THE BLACK PHOENIX
 Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment