Monday, June 8, 2015

(06/08/2015) Sin As Our Inheritance?

Today, points are shared to describe the problem of sin by using the familiar ideas of continuity for life through family units, and law addressing inheritance.  Believers must accept the truth that sin is presently a defining condition and obstacle to those living upon the earth.  The fighter at “Yahoo! Answers Canada” with an ID “2015 Lerner” (Level 1 with 4 points, a member since October 17, 2014) posted the following:


What do humans inherit at the moment of birth? The imputation for Adam's original sin? Or do they inherit just a tendency to sin? And why?


THE GOLDEN ARROW:  For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.  For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.  Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.  (Romans 5:  17-21, KJV)


THE DOUBLE DAGGER:  For Priests and Sons Only? (09/07/2014); Harden Not Your Hearts? (09/08/2014); A Common Heritage? (07/13/2014); Asleep Through the Holocaust? (07/14/2014); Inheriting the Kingdom? (06/27/2014); Points on Bible Study (06/28/2014); Son of Adam and of GOD? (06/16/2014); Focus of Believers? (06/17/2014)


“2015Learner”, here are a few points all Christian believers are to consider:

(1.)  The language of “family inheritance” is used when speaking of sin in order to acknowledge that finite, yet, permanent changes have been imposed upon the work of eternal divinity that now operate as conditions and imperatives (we say, things that must be done) for the continuing existence of, and process among created beings and living creatures.  

(2.)  Sin is the transgression of divine law, where “law” is the expressed will of GOD, and not merely a written code of ordinances and statutes.  An inheritance is the sum of benefits, duties, goods, obligations, ownership, and privileges transferred through the law from a deceased person to their surviving heir.

(3.)  Although sin is no living entity, and contains no spirit matter from Deity, sin may dominate awareness and self-will within the living.  Sin has no measurable dimensions (e.g., circumference, diameter, height, length, weight, etc.), yet, sin has direction, effect, and presence.  Thus, the operations of sin continue indefinitely, and long after the attitudes, behavior, conduct, and death of a sinner.

(4.)  Apart from the provisions of GOD (e.g., sacred knowledge, law, divine love, promise, prophecy, revelation) mankind can not correctly, consistently discern, recognize, and resist sin as being alien, contrary to life, foreign to a godly nature, out of place, and self-destructive. 

There is far more to be said, correctly understood, and spiritually taken into account.  (For example, (5.)  The difficulty when describing the human predicament that results by sin has been captured in the words of the Apostle Paul:  Romans 7:  12-20, King James Version (KJV):  12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.  13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.  14 For we know that the law is spiritual:  but I am carnal, sold under sin.  15 For that which I do I allow not:  for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.  16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.  17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:  for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.  19 For the good that I would I do not:  but the evil which I would not, that I do.  20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.)  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith and spiritual maturity.

THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment