Tuesday, November 12, 2013

(11/12/2013) The World Passeth Away

Acknowledging the earth and heaven as created by Almighty GOD, Scriptures on Scripture is presented, today, focusing upon “the world” as a man-made life system for human communication, exchange, and survival.


SOME THOUGHTS ON

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof:  but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.  (1st John 2:  15-17, KJV)



Ecclesiastes 3:  10-12  (KJV)  10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.   11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time:  also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.  12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.


John 12:  19  (KJV)  19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.


John 14:  15-18  (KJV)  15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.  16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;  17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:  but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.  18 I will not leave you comfortless:  I will come to you.


John 14:  25-29  (KJV)  25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.  26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.  27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:  not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father:  for my Father is greater than I.  29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.


John 15:  18-20  (KJV)  18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.  19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own:  but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.  20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep your’s also.


John 16:  32-33  (KJV)  32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone:  and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.  33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation:  but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.


John 17:  6-15  (KJV)  6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world:  thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.  7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.  8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.  9 I pray for them:  I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.  10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.  11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.  12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name:  those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.  13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.  14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.


Acts 17:  29-31  (KJV)  29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.  30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:  31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.


1st Corinthians 1:  18-21  (KJV)  18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.  19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.  20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this  world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?  21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.


Again, readers are invited to use the Comments area to add Scriptures they feel are a good fit with the day’s post (see example, below). There is far more to be said, correctly shared, and spiritually understood.  Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful.  Be it unto you according to your faith.  Jesus is coming soon.


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC






New Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment