Monday, September 14, 2020

(09/15/2020) As Your Father Forgave


A depiction of the Prodigal son acknowledging the forgiveness of his father.



Today, reply is on forgiveness that demonstrates sovereign authority, grace, power, and restraint. As with judgment, redemption and salvation, forgiveness pertains more to revealing that divinity is justified, rather than mankind. Because forgiveness is a divine act and process to convey love, sinners do not have to beg for forgiveness so much as they are to acknowledge a sacred gift shared because of divine righteousness and unselfishness. Even so, it is correct to perform importuning and to repeat petitions and requests during private prayer that center on forgiveness and the mercy that may be shown to those found guilty in judgment. It is written: Matthew 12: 30-32, King James Version (KJV): 30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. The fighter who uses the ID “watchmaybewatch” (Level 1 with 55 points) in the “Yahoo! Answers” forum on Religion & Spirituality posted the following:



Christians, when God says forgive as your Father forgave you, doesn't that mean to forgive only if that person asks you for forgiveness?

I have recently gone back to church, but there has much hurt from Christian "friends" in the past. Some do not feel like they did wrong, but they did. I am being told I HAVE to forgive them no matter what. What is your take on this? (Non-believers, do not respond. I already know your answer)



THE GOLDEN ARROW: Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. (Psalms 51: 1-11, KJV)



THE DOUBLE DAGGER: The Outcomes Of Judgment (06/28/2020); The Justification Of Divinity (04/06/2020); That Not Of Yourselves (08/13/2019); Blaspheming the Holy Spirit (05/08/2019); How Are We Justified? (03/05/2018); Called, Justified, and Glorified? (01/08/2017); Justified Through Christ? (08/26/2015)



watchmaybewatch”, mature Christian believers may think and speak of forgiveness as a freely-given gift from GOD provided to express divine prerogative, eternal purpose, and the sovereign will of GOD. Divinity does not practice forgiveness as a result of tribunals for judgment, as an outcome of affection, emotion and feelings, or to carry out punishments, rewards, and sanctions provided within the sacred law. Forgiveness appears as the manifesting of consecrated grace, and is another inseparable aspect of the divine fullness (we also say, divinity; the Godhead; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Thus, forgiveness pertains to the makeup of GOD along with such elements as balance, commitment, faith, forbearance, holiness, longsuffering, lovingkindness, oneness without sameness, wisdom, and wrath against sin. Forgiveness is not “all we need” to be free of sin and to know the fullness of salvation. The believer also must engage atonement, confession, repentance, and sanctification. Gifts from the Holy Spirit are provided to further permit forgiveness to establish the Christian believer as one who shares with divinity through the resurrection life of Jesus Christ, and who is to exist as the new creation of GOD. Christians are to resemble, reflect, and reveal the character, likeness, and presence of Jesus Christ on the earth. Consider again the following that uses language from the Bible, and Rescue, a selection from the music ministry of Acappella:

(1.) Isaiah 55: 6-8, King James Version (KJV): 6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

(2.) Romans 15: 1-5, KJV: 1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. 3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. 4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. 5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

(3.) Colossians 3: 12-14, KJV: 12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. 14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended. (For example, (4.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPSt7tynaBk.) Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful. Be it unto you according to your faith.


Image downloaded 3:33, PM September 14, 2020 @ https://prayersroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Father-I-have-sinned-against-Heaven-and-against-You-Luke-15-18.png



THE BLACK PHOENIX

Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment