Thursday, March 26, 2020

(03/26/2020) On Behalf Of Others




Today, reply is on whether during the present covid-19 health crisis Christians should pray for the world or only for themselves. There are no layoffs or shut-down of ministry among believers; the sacred work of praise, fulfilling the promises of GOD, and manifesting prophecy (comfort, edification, exhortation) will continue. Ordinarily, to avoid meddling and spiritual confusion, many believers pray only for family, friends, coworkers, and persons they know through direct relationships. However, for mature Christian believers, earnest and fervent prayer are to be offered continually. This is so even where prayer is understood as intimate and personal communication with divinity that allows one to confess and share their darkest and deepest feelings as well as their most private thoughts. In the same way the operations of sin are impartial, irrational, and attack all that exists indiscriminately, epidemic disease and sickness that obey mechanical process and natural law also dismiss many sacred distinctions, and violate consecrated boundaries. Even in times like these when their gathering in public may be cut off, Christian believers are to behave as those in ongoing judgment; and all are commanded to be faithful, sober, steadfast, unwavering, and vigilant. Their duty to serve and share with others is not lessened. It is written: Ezekiel 34: 15-26, King James Version (KJV): 15 I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD. 16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment. 17 And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats. 18 Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet? 19 And as for my flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet. 20 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD unto them; Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle. 21 Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad; 22 Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle. 23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. 24 And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it. 25 And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods. 26 And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. A fighter in the public forum on Religion & Spirituality at “Yahoo! Answers” who used the ID “REAL” (Level 2 with 815 points) posted the following:



Do anybody anywhere in the world pray ti his/her God to save the world from this pandemic or pray for themselves only?



THE GOLDEN ARROW: But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away. (1st Corinthians 7: 29-31, KJV)



THE DOUBLE DAGGER: The Challenge of Covid-19 (03/22/2020); Leadership By The Church (03/18/2020); Believers Minister Through Prayer (09/23/2019); Fasting, Prayer and Sanctification (03/29/2019); Christian “Thoughts and Prayers” (03/01/2018); What to Do About Liars? (11/14/2014); Refraining Our Tongues? (11/15/2014)



REAL”, there are unchanging aspects of eternal purpose that are to be fulfilled and performed by Creation that will not to be interrupted or suspended in response to conditions and events on the earth. Where divinity establishes evil (i.e., calamity; catastrophe; disaster; upheaval) it is for the further outworking of divine prerogative, sacred law, prophecy, and revelation. While a separation to identify and sanctify authentic authority must be continued, the divine example for men on the earth declares there also must be a manifesting of humility and unselfish service to others that includes intercessory praise and prayer specially on behalf of those who may be recognized as sinners in repentance. The primary focus for the church is to be salvation for those who are committed as members within the body. Thus, consider again the following that uses language from the Bible, and a selection from the music ministry of Hezekiah Walker:

(1.) Jeremiah 29: 4-7, King James Version (KJV): 4 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon; 5 Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them; 6 Take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; that ye may be increased there, and not diminished. 7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.

(2.) Isaiah 45: 6-8, KJV: 6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. 8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

(3.) Romans 8: 26-27, KJV: 26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

(4.) John 17: 9-17, KJV: 9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. 11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

(5.) Romans 8: 5-9, KJV: 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.  8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended. (For example, (6.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMcJL_UDAvw. Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful. Be it unto you according to your faith.


Image downloadable 1:06 PM, March 26, 2020 @ https://thelifeididntchoose.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/pray-for-one-another.jpg


THE BLACK PHOENIX
Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment